Lead Frontend Engineer
Thriva HealthLondon, UK1M ago
At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands. If you would like to be part of this journey and you have experience as a Lead Frontend Engineer, we’d love to talk to you.
We’re looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer to join our Product team. This is a hands-on role - you will be managing a team of engineers and leading the technical decisions of the team’s products in a cross-functional team. You will also be working with people from a variety of backgrounds, who truly care about how what we’re building can help others.
We believe in supporting people’s growth and enabling them to do some of the best work of their lives. Our Engineering leads use their technical expertise and commitment to their teams’ growth to deliver high impact products to our customers.
Day to day you will:
- Build high quality and responsive front end web applications.
- Create modular, well-tested, and maintainable code.
- Influence the technical direction of the team and engineering roadmap alongside other leads in the Product team.
- Identify, anticipate, and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Work with your cross-functional team in challenges as we scale.
- Work closely with teams across Thriva to build innovative solutions to delight our customers.
- Support people in your team to grow personally and professionally.
- You will strengthen relationships across Thriva and leverage these connections to deliver amazing products.
Our tech stack
- Nuxt.js on our server-side rendered marketing website
- Ruby, Rails power our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- Jest, Cypress for testing
- Storybook and private NPM modules for managing our UI component library
- Github and CircleCI for source control and continuous integration
- You have been a technical lead in cross-functional teams, leading architecture decisions and working with other Product and Engineering leaders.
- You’re a strong frontend software engineer who has built and shipped innovative products and features.
- You take pride in your work, striving for quality, and technical excellence.
- You’re passionate for helping people grow and seeing them successfully navigate complex challenges.
- You create a supportive and inclusive culture, listening to others, and finding the opportunities for your team to grow.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!