Junior Software Developer
Picnic MediaLondon1M ago
Picnic is an ad network that brings the high-quality ad experiences of social media to the open web (i.e. news or content publishers). Our user-friendly ad formats drive attention and ROI for advertisers whilst transforming the way publishers monetise a specific kind of website (Google AMP pages). You can see more on our website or gallery site
We're a fast-growing, profitable start up with ambitions to scale our product around the world, improving advertiser performance and publisher revenue whilst ensuring we don't compromise on the user's experience.
We're looking for a junior software developer to join our engineering team, building features for our "Studio" platform as well as delivering mobile adverts built in Picnic's proprietary formats for client projects. This is a full stack, product oriented engineering role, perfect for an ambitious and smart candidate at the beginning of their software development career.
At the beginning, you'll learn all aspects of Picnic's tech stack but over time you'll be encouraged to specialise on products and technologies that excite you and deliver most value to the business. We're expecting the candidate to learn on the job, push code from day one and work collaboratively with everyone in the business, from the CEO to commercial teams and fellow engineers.
Key Skills, Personality & Experience
Picnic use the following languages and libraries, so you should display skills in:
- Working with JS framework (React, Angular, Vue)
- HTML, CSS and good understanding of vanilla JS
- Animation with Greensock
- Working with Git
- AWS Lambda functions
- NoSQL databases
Cultural fit is as important as technical expertise so you should be interested in:
- Collaborative development and pair programming
- Working closely with commercial functions
- Developing well used products, as well as just pushing code
Benefits and Company Perks
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial and fulfilling environment where every contribution makes a direct, tangible difference to the company’s growth
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited career progression. You will grow as the company grows.
- 25 days' holiday
- Birthday off
- Lots of food, snacks and high quality coffee (once we're allowed back in the office)
- Choice of computer set up
How to Apply
Please send your CV and 100-200 word cover letter to email@example.com