We are Canvas8, a global behavioural insights practice operating out of London, NY, LA, and Sydney. We help our clients understand people so they can make better business decisions. Primarily focused on media, communications, and product development, our award-winning insights inspire clients including Google, Nike, Ogilvy, and Channel 4.
Supported by our network of experts, from TED speakers to MIT fellows, and underpinned by innovative research methods, we work at the intersection of human science, culture, business, and creativity.
Our flagship product is a membership service incorporating the Canvas8 insight Library, a database of over 24,000 trend reports and case studies spanning 14 industries and nine markets, complemented by our innovative global consultancy offer.
Passionate about development, you’ll be keen to get stuck in and familiarise yourself with the Canvas8 architecture. Supporting our overseas development team, you will quickly bring yourself up to speed with our current systems and take ownership of the maintenance of our digital Library. You’ll have some relevant experience in software development and a good grasp of programming languages, particularly Java, in order to workshop solutions to our client’s challenges with the product. Highly motivated with strong attention to detail, you’ll be keen to take on ambitious projects and look to continually develop your skills and knowledge. As a quick learner and problem solver, you’ll be comfortable working autonomously and independently to resolve technical bugs and errors to keep our systems running smoothly. As a team player with good communication skills, you’ll work with all departments to understand their requirements and proactively suggest smart solutions to some of our development and IT challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Maintaining our technical products and systems and responding to user challenges
- Resolving and fixing any bugs and errors in our technical products and systems
- Coding and testing new features and functionality
- Working with Head of Product and lead developer to scope upcoming development projects
- Liaising with the lead developer to discuss the requirements for upcoming projects
- Suggesting solutions to technical challenges or product opportunities
• 1- 2 years experience in a similar role
• Degree-level education in a related subject
• Practical, self-motivated, and willing to get stuck in
• Personable with good communication skills
• Smart and inquisitive with strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of the media and communications industries would be beneficial
Location: Clerkenwell, London
Start date: Immediately
Salary: £35,000 - £37,000
If you think you’re a good fit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why and attaching your CV. Thank you for your interest. We’re excited to meet you.
Closing date for applications: 20th January 2020