Investment Intern / Analyst
LVenture GroupRome17d ago
LVenture Group is the leading Italian early-stage venture capital fund with offices in Rome & Milan. We are a down-to-earth team. For more than seven years, we have been fortunate to back exceptional founders on their path to create globally impactful businesses. We invest in early-stage businesses across Europe, with a focus on B2B and Italy. We are sponsoring a fund and looking to hire high calibre candidates for the team.
LVenture Group is looking for an Intern and/or Financial Analyst for our investment team in the Rome office. The candidate MUST be NON-Italian. A unique opportunity to get first-hand insight into the European venture capital and startup ecosystem. You will play a crucial part in a dynamic, fun team, supporting Associates and Partners in all investment tasks. The role will provide a great chance to learn, build your network and accelerate your career in the tech ecosystem. You will have a strong analytical and entrepreneurial spirit.
You will work on a number of tasks with the mentorship of the whole crew. You will gain a broad hands-on understanding of the relevant teams and this is what you will be working on:
- Support preparation of monthly and quarterly reports
- Work closely with our teams on preparation of cap tables and investor presentations
- Deal Flow: track, contact, analyse, present and recommend the most relevant investment opportunities to the investment team
- Due Diligence: dive deep into a certain business, including commercial, financial and operational analysis
- Portfolio companies: support our portfolio on specific tasks
- Market research: form your own investment hypotheses within key sectors
- Writing investment notes
- Participation in the investment process
- Production of reports on the participations
- Contribution to the enrichment of the portfolio monitoring tools
- Contacts with investors
- Maintain a consistent portfolio KPI reporting
- Assist our legal team in the processing of transactions and related documentation
- Assist in addressing investor enquiries
- Participate in projects to support setting-up of new funds, assistance in fund modelling
- Work on improvements of internal processes, help automate operations and adopt new tools
- For Financial Analyst, ideally relevant experience (2-3 years) in a finance department of a startup or a VC, PE or an investment bank, or big-4 audit firm. If you have had startup experience as a data-analyst even better.
- Passion for and strong knowledge of technology and startups
- Excellent academic record. At least in your second year of studies or further (Business, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering)
- For internships preferably with two internship experiences in a fast-paced work environment (startup, VC, consulting, banking)
- Rigorous and disciplined
- Autonomous and self-organised
- Strong team player
- Curious and inquisitive
- Respect deadlines and you push hard
- Very analytical, humble and pragmatic person with a can-do attitude
- Excellent knowledge and skills in financial analysis
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Keynote and Google suite.
- You’re a digital native. You’re the one who fixes an IT-problem in the family.
- Available for at least 4 months, starting in Q4 2020
If you want to become our Financial Analyst:
- Tell us about your favorite efficiency/productivity tool you are working with. Explain, in a few sentences, why we should implement it at LVenture Group. If you're not using any great tools at the moment, you can also tell us about your favorite Excel formula or a favorite KPI and explain in which context you’re using it and why you love it.
- Send us any other information you think might be helpful (keeping it short and simple).
Submit your completed job application (CV, challenge, salary expectations and earliest possible starting date) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Ps. We are a super-dynamic team, always on the lookout for amazing people. And Rome is an amazing city to work in. No ifs or buts!