Interim Marketing Director
HuckletreeLondona month ago
Founded in 2014, Huckletree’s mission is to become the destination workplace for the most daring, innovative companies in the UK and Ireland, and to be the sounding board that accelerates the impact these people and their ideas can have. Through our tightly-curated communities of high-potential teams, we’re building a new kind of workspace that magnifies the impact you’re able to have on the world.
After a successful growth year in 2020, home to over 3,000 members and 300 companies, Huckletree is now entering an exciting new phase in challenging the workspace model. We’re hiring for a talented interim Marketing Director to join the team to cover a period of parental leave cover for 9 months from May 2021.
An Experienced Marketing Leader
You will be responsible for leading the marketing division which includes; growth marketing and performance, content marketing and platform management, and product marketing of our seven themed spaces and additional products. You will be expected to drive and execute integrated marketing strategies to meet the commercial, brand and customer goals of the business.
The successful candidate will also represent the marketing function as a key member of the management group, contributing and collaborating with product, operations and commercial to support strategic business objectives and giving frequent updates to our Board of Directors.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced marketing leader who represents our brand and audience in the best possible way; someone who intrinsically understands lifestyle brands and preferably from within another rapid-growth, venture-backed business.
- Own the development and execution of the 2021 marketing strategy
- Manage the marketing team of 5 alongside agency management
- Oversee and deliver our PR and comms strategy including member communications, strategic messaging and industry positioning
- Continue to evolve and elevate the brand for Huckletree through brand, partnership and content initiatives
- Be responsible for the top of funnel lead strategy including growth marketing initiatives, performance marketing (paid search, social, SEO), acquisition campaigns to deliver to customer and revenue targets
- Be responsible for the content strategy including creative, positioning, execution, reach and channel growth
- Be responsible for optimising and growing all owned marketing channels including performance of the core website, member portal, social platforms and digital networks
- Be responsible for all product marketing of our workspace products, education products and ecosystem and growth products including positioning, creative, execution
- Provide cross-functional, strategic, and tactical leadership for the application of the brand experience whilst literally obsessing over our consumer journey across all touch-points;
- Be responsible for end-to-end campaign management: ideation to implementation. Combining brand and reach opportunities across a multi-channel strategy;
- Lead loyalty initiatives for our members to create invaluable community experiences that deliver positive lifetime value
- Report and present back key analysis and finding to Senior Management and Department leads as well as Board of Directors
- Take responsibility over budget ownership, planning and detailed performance tracking across all marketing channels
- Represent and be an ambassador of Huckletree to the wider innovation and marketing industry
You should apply if:
- 8+ years of experience in Marketing and Branding for a rapid-growth tech or innovation-led business, B2B industry experience a plus;
- 5+ years managing a marketing team and developing a full suite of user acquisition channels;
- Extensive experience of leading PR and comms for a fast-paced business
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful brand campaigns;
- A proven track record of spearheading user acquisition efforts across other digital companies;
- Strategic mindset with ability to make trade-offs and difficult decisions;
- Understanding of brand design principles and the ability to provide creative direction and feedback to creative teams;
- Understanding of traditional and new media, digital marketing tools and techniques and analytics;
- A hands-on marketer who is prepared to support team activities at micro and macro levels;
- A genuine passion for innovation and tech brands with a creative, passionate and entrepreneurial approach to driving growth;
- Strong leadership, management, analytical and communication skills.
- Obsession for our member community and the ecosystem we exist within
- Passionate about delivering amazing experiences and campaigns for the innovation sector (we want you to love our member companies as much as we do)
- Curious and seeking to learn every day to improve the team and the company
- Be Curious with your “Personal Curiosity” Budget of £150pa.
- 22 days annual leave allowance which increases each full holiday calendar year worked +1 day (capped at 28 days) plus public holidays.
- +1 day off on your birthday
- +3/4 additional days off between after Boxing day and New Years in addition to your holiday entitlement
- Access to Private Health Insurance with Vitality (upon completion of probationary period)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity/ Adoption Leave policy
- Mental Health Day policy
- Compassionate Leave
- Third Year, Fully Paid Month-Long Sabbatical
- Professional Development
- Team Building Activities
- Bi-Annual, Full Company Socials