Implementation Project Manager
Direct email applications ONLY - If you wish to be considered for this position, all documentation should be sent via EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email us your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1000 words explaining:
- What excites you about Hatch as an organisation and about this role in particular?
- An outline of the stages you would go through to set this project up for success
- What would you do in this role that would really make an impact?
- Where did you first hear about this opportunity?
Send these via email with “Implementation Project Manager Application – Your Name” as the subject line by 9am Monday 20th June.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK
- Salary: £38,250 – £45,000 with scope for salary progression
- Contract Type: 18 months Fixed Term with potential for extension
- Hours: Full Time (typically 09.30-17.30 but with flexibility)
- Location: Elephant & Castle / Remote
- Responsible To: Operations Director
- Application Deadline: 9am Monday 20th June
- Interview Dates: 1st Interview w/c 4th July, 2nd Interview w/c 11th July
Hatch is going through a growth spurt; there are busy and exciting times ahead with ambitious goals and big projects in the pipeline to grow the team and scale the support we offer to underrepresented founders in the next 5 years.
We’re a dynamic and flexible team, we’ve adapted to home working and online training delivery in the last 18 months and now we’re adapting again to fully flexible, hybrid working. We have done all this with our existing suite of digital and IT tools and we are feeling the strain.
One of our 5 strategic goals is to invest in Hatch’s internal systems, data and knowledge building to more efficiently and effectively manage, communicate and increase the impact of Hatch’s work.
The Implementation Project Manager will lead a cross-organisational project, and manage external suppliers to implement an integrated set of solutions that is fit for purpose for our growing team. This may include upgrading existing tools and/or bringing in new ones.
We have secured pro bono support to scope our primary needs and recommend system(s) that will best serve them. We expect their recommendations to be delivered in July and to include some top level process maps and data flows and recommendations that will be the starting point for your engagement, working with the Business Analyst to design and deliver this project in a way that works for you and for the team.
This role will work closely with the Business Analyst to take those recommendations through more detailed scoping, implementation, testing and roll out. You will be responsible for liaising with the internal team and external technical team. You’ll be the first point of contact for requests, and be the lead for the overall project from scoping through implementation and testing to training and roll out and will have the ability to communicate detailed information to technical and non-technical stakeholders to ensure the resulting systems meet the teams needs.
We anticipate the new stack of systems and tools will support team members to manage their respective projects and activities, to have visibility of what others are working on and to be able to store, access, analyse and report on data from across functions, increasing process efficiency, data accuracy and to monitor and continually improve the work we do over time in a data-informed way. We’re excited about experimenting with systems and tools and ways of working to support the Hatch team to deliver the best outcomes for underrepresented entrepreneurs.
We expect the project to incorporate our current and future needs for a more integrated, accessible, and user friendly suite of systems and tools including but not limited to:
- Project management
- Community management
- Website / webform integration
- Data analysis and reporting
And with a view to creating future capacity to integrate:
- Accounting software
- HR software
- Grant management
- Learning management
With the ability to influence and persuade; you will bring an ability to cut through complexity to understand the needs of the team and communicate them clearly to the external technical team to deliver solutions that support the team to do what they do best – deliver high quality support to entrepreneurs.
- Working with the Business Analyst and other team members lead on prioritising, scheduling, milestones, resourcing, deliverables and roll out of new systems with minimal disruption to ongoing activities of the organisation.
- Building strong relationships and working closely with all members of the Hatch team and ensuring buy in from across the organisation
- Identifying, contracting and managing relationships with external software suppliers and technical experts as necessary
- Utilising project delivery methodologies to organise and facilitate the project as a whole such as sprint planning, reviews, and retrospectives, tracking and communicating team progress and maintaining rolling release plans.
- Working with the Director of Operations to manage the project budget, issues, risks, and change requests to ensure successful phased delivery
- Communicating project progress on budget, time and resources regularly to the Senior Leadership Group and wider team
Development and Delivery
- Working closely with the Business Analyst to plan workshops to ensure requirements and configurations are clearly documented
- Validating and managing internal and external resourcing requirements and the related budget estimates with the Business Analyst for each stage of the project
- Managing a phased development and release process, working with external providers to develop, test and roll out solutions that meet the requirements uncovered in the scoping phase
- Leading on ensuring the teams requirements are communicated to the software suppliers and technical experts, ensuring progress against agreed milestones and keeping the team informed, updated and involved as necessary
Testing, Training & Roll Out
- Planning and leading a phased UAT testing and deployment process with Hatch teams, making sure that the team requirements are delivered and the solutions are fit for purpose before launch
- Working with our Impact, Evidence and Learning Manager, Media & IT Manager and others in the team to manage the collating, cleaning and importing of data and details from existing systems to new systems where relevant
- Managing a process of training and supporting the team to transition to the new system(s) in their regular operations and reporting activities.
- Creating user manuals for the new systems and processes and ensure they are embedded and owned in the team
- Understanding of both agile and waterfall project management methodologies
- Solid understanding of customer relationship management systems
- Understanding of database architecture would be desirable
- Understanding of relevant regulations such as GDPR is desirable
- Ability to cut through complexity to understand and prioritise the teams’ needs and to identify and propose effective solutions
- Meeting management – minute and action capture and distribution to stakeholders
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to both gather and convey system information to technical and non-technical team members
- Ability to deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, innovative, self-starter, capable of working on their own and as part of a team
- A minimum of 2 years working experience as a project manager in the context of CRM deployment or similar, preferably in a Charity/not-for-profit setting
- Experience in managing the scoping, delivery and embedding of new systems in a busy working environment
- Experience of project planning, management and delivery in a cross-organisational context
- Experience managing external providers to deliver a project scope
- Experience of project management principles, lean product development and agile practices
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to elicit, capture, analyse, refine and document their requirements
- Experience of change management projects, system transition and team engagement
- Experience with delivering business cases, budgets and feasibility studies
- Experience financial reporting, budget and financial forecasts preparation
- An interest in entrepreneurship support for underrepresented founders would be advantageous
- An understanding of the structure and operation of charities would be advantageous
We care about our people and giving them the things they need to succeed.
We have always been supportive of flexible working, which has become even more important recently. We have an office in Elephant & Castle, which is available for anyone to work from as much or as little as they’d like. For those working at home, we’ll provide you with a laptop to get you set up. In the post-COVID world we’re experimenting with full flexibility to work from home or in the office as it suits you, but hope the whole team will be able to come together periodically.
- Flexible working – work from home or in the office and at the times that work best for you
- 38 fully flexible holiday days (including the 9 UK bank holidays)
- 3% employer pension contribution
- £750 annual budget for learning and development or wellbeing activities
- Paid time off for dedicated learning and development opportunities
- 4 days per year paid time off to volunteer
We believe everyone has potential. We are committed to increasing diversity among business owners, and we want to do the same for our team. If you’ve read this far, and you like the sound of the job, but you’re worried you don’t quite fit the requirements, we’d love it if you went ahead and applied.
We want to ensure that our team represents a wider cross-section of society than a typical start-up, and we know that means we have to make an effort to understand and accommodate different people’s needs. If you would require any reasonable adjustments to be made to support you to apply, interview or join the Hatch team please contact email@example.com.