tineyRemote - UK21 days ago
At tiney we're building a brand new childcare experience that accelerates children's development, empowers educators to set up their own business and provides parents with accessible trusted childcare. We've now trained and set up more than 100 tiney homes and are continuing to grow fast, even during a pandemic. Here's a recent article in The Guardian about where we are now.
Over 2020, in the midst of a global pandemic, we've grown our internal tiney team from 15 to over 40 and our big ambitions mean that we'll continue hiring talented, motivated people for the foreseeable future. We want to go the extra mile to make sure that every applicant to every job feels valued, listened to, respected and never wavers in their support for tiney, whatever the outcome of their application. Applying for roles is a frustrating and nerve wracking experience, but it really doesn't need to be - this is where you come in.
You'll be the second person to join our People team; you'll be focusing on giving all our job applicants a positive experience, you'll move mountains in the background to make it an effortless and pleasant process for candidates and will make our hiring processes run like clockwork.
💪 What you'll be doing day to day
- You'll be the first person that applicants speak to and so will define what our candidate experience looks like at tiney, making interviewing with us as stress-free as possible!
- You'll work with our Head of People to take our current hiring process to the next level. As the only person solely focused on recruitment you will be leading projects to help us build the most delightful, inclusive and efficient hiring processes
- You'll be partnering with hiring managers all across the company to take roles from idea stage to offer and will help to streamline and accelerate our interview processes as much as possible
- You'll be responsible for increasing our talent pools for each role making sure that we're doing everything we can to attract and find an incredibly diverse bunch of folk
- You'll be contributing to our employer brand work, onboarding new joiners and any other recruitment related work!
🙌 You should apply if
- You love learning new things, can actively listen and you see feedback as a gift
- You are described by your friends as the most organised person (ever!)
- You are process-orientated and love making things easier for people
- You have a basic understanding for how to run a headhunting search and want to learn how to be better!
- You care about being transparent, honest and fair with candidates
- What we're building at tiney excites you and you want to build the team that changes the world of childcare
- 👨💻 Workstation: we're remote first, everyone has access to the coworking space app Desana and we provide you with all the tools you need!
- 💰 Compensation: up to £28K + stock options part of our EMI scheme
- 😍 Benefits: Life Insurance with Yulife, £5K worth of childcare contributions with tiney providers, premium access to Headspace, Monthly Socials for example February we had laughter yoga and March we had a Drawing workshop!
ℹ️ Please note, these will keep evolving as we continue to grow!
🗣 Interview process
- Initial Video call with our Head of People, Beth (30 minutes)
- A take home task (up to 2 hours)
- Role Specific with our CTO and Head of People
- General interview around values, ways of working and your learning aspirations (45 minutes) with Jo our Operations Manager and another member of the team
- Final coffee with our CEO (30 minutes)
🥇 Our recent awards in 2021
- One of only 2 Early Years companies to make the European EdTech 100
- One of 35 to join otta.com’s Rocket List this year
- Selected by Silicon Valley Comes to UK (SVC2UK) ‘Scale-Up Club’ list of 50 highest-growth startups in UK
- Business Insider’s 24 hottest Edtech startups in Europe
- Sifted UK tech startups to watch in 2021
💜 Our commitment to diversity
A child who wants to learn doesn’t care about gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or any of the other things that sometimes divide, and neither do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger and gives us all a better chance of unlocking the potential of every child.
We have a wonderful internal Diversity and Inclusion Advisor, Taz who's our critical friend, she's making sure we're creating the most inclusive and fair recruitment process. Again, we aren't perfect but want/need to be better.
🎉 We're looking forward to getting to know you better!