PUBLICLondon / Remote23d ago
6 month contract, with potential to extend
£80-90k pro rata
Closing date: 13 November
PUBLIC is looking for an experienced health and social care technology expert to lead an exciting new research institute.
Our aim is for the research institute to become the UK’s leading authority on health and social care technology and innovation, engaging with stakeholders across the healthcare landscape to create and disseminate evidence and best practice.
The institute will engage deeply with the UK’s deep ecosystem of health and social care startups, as well as venture investors, accelerators and other innovators in the space.
With a focus on building deep partnerships across the healthcare landscape, it will aim to act as an essential bridge between healthcare bodies, universities, research institutes and technology innovators.
The HealthTech Director will be responsible for leading a team (4-6 FTEs) to establish and run this research institute in its first six months. This includes:
- Implementation of the institute’s 6-month launch strategy defined to-date, and design of the future strategy of the institute beyond this point.
- Overseeing the accounts for the institute, including managing the P&L for the institute in line with its 6-month launch plan.
- Creating partnerships with other research institutes and universities, including implementing programmes for joint research.
- Gaining the buy-in of health and social care authorities in the UK, including building partnerships with leadership teams.
- Overseeing the creation of a new online health and social technology ‘hub’: an index of the UK’s health and social care startup landscape.
- Acting as the ‘external face’ of the institute, including for events, speeches and interviews.
- Chairing the regular meetings of the institute’s advisory board: a collection of the UK’s leading figures in health and social care technology.
We are looking for a figure with deep experience in the UK’s health and social care sector, capable of building meaningful partnerships with relevant stakeholders. This person must also share the same passion and enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and innovation shared by the PUBLIC team.
The HealthTech Director will:
- Have demonstrable experience in the health and/or social care sector.
- Have the ability to create strong partnerships across the entire healthcare landscape.
- Have experience in a leadership role, including managing an organisation-level budget.
- Be passionate about technology, innovation and startups.
- Be excited by the vision of the institute to lead the adoption and dissemination of health and social care technologies in the UK.
This technology institute is an initiative of PUBLIC. It will be created and established by PUBLIC, in collaboration with the institute’s advisory board, before transitioning to be a self-standing independent organisation.
PUBLIC helps technology startups transform public services. We provide insight, support, networks and capital to entrepreneurs with the latest and most innovative ideas, helping them improve the lives of citizens through enhancing the services that the government provides.
Led by ex-deputy head of the No.10 policy unit, Daniel Korski, and venture investor, Alexander de Carvalho, PUBLIC’s team has operational experience across government, startups, technology and finance and now operates in three countries across Europe.
PUBLIC offers beautiful Central London offices in the heart of Westminster, where it runs its own co-working space, PUBLIC Hall - a space for startups, investors and public officials to work together and share ideas.