Head of People
TFG’s Core Thought - Shape Tomorrow (Today)
We love sport and recognise the extraordinary impact it can have on people's lives. That’s why we are working with forward-thinking partners and team members, to drive sporting success and ignite the passion of fans.
Together we are on a mission to make a lasting, positive impact in sport.
Why we are hiring for this role
Our people are key to the success of our business and at the heart of our culture. We have grown an amazing, diverse team of 40+, passionate to achieve our mission. Keeping our team happy is central to this - we want to ensure our team love their work and are motivated to do their best. We know that the next phase of our growth is critical to get right. As we grow as a business, we want to ensure Twenty First Group continues to be the place for passionate and ambitious talent and remains true to our core values.
Scope and Impact of this role
The Head of People role will be instrumental in developing scalable processes; from onboarding, to performance, through to learning and development. This role will help to build, develop, and empower our teams, with a focus on doing this in a way which will create a sustainable, inclusive, and happy work environment for everyone at TFG.
As the Head of People of our growing business, you will be responsible for creating and implementing the strategies which will be critical to the development of our brilliant team. You will be responsible for owning and embedding the end to end onboarding and employee lifecycle within TFG, including:
- Overseeing the hiring committee within the business, working with line managers to identify and resolve any gaps in team resources
- Owning the end to end hiring process, ensuring TFG use best practice to find the best candidates for our roles within our available budgets
- Creating and implementing onboarding and training strategies for new employees
- Owning key engagement and retention initiatives for our TFG talent. For example, acting as the Product Owner of the Learning & Development work streams within the business. This will involve creating a clear plan using the dedicated TFG budget to ensure all employees have access to learning & development opportunities in their roles
- Supporting the leadership team in cultivating the Culture of the business, ensuring that we live our values everyday
- Ensuring that we have initiatives in place to help employees to have a great work/life balance at TFG
- Maintaining our current TFG staff handbook and evolving and adding in new policies as we need them
- Leading on the cyclical performance review process in the business, including supporting salary reviews with line managers
- Being the main point of contact for everything HR, including contract queries, progression, benefits, resourcing and recruiting and being a neutral party in complaints and disciplinary procedures (please note we also work with CharlieHR who would provide some online and on call support for you in your role)
- Conducting thorough offboarding practices with TFG leavers
- Owning and driving our DE&I agenda and initiatives within the business
As the Head of People you will be confident, friendly, highly organised and have previous knowledge and experience in recruitment strategies and HR policies. You will be strategic, but you will also not be afraid to get stuck in, in all areas of recruitment and engagement. This is a broad role so you’re ready to hit the ground running!
What makes you stand out:
- You have high energy and a passion for understanding what makes people tick and how to get the most out of them
- You’re highly strategic and can architect a long-term recruitment and people strategy
- You’ll be naturally curious; you will have a real desire to understand people and their talent
- You love building teams, developing, and coaching others and be confident challenging the status quo
- You are a self-starter with excellent organisational skills, who can identify what needs doing, prioritise, and get things done
- You can sell the vision to the best candidate and tell a compelling story. Also, the ability to partner effectively and be the driving force behind internal initiatives
What you need to have:
- CIPD Level 7/ 5 or equivalent experience
- Absolute discretion in handling sensitive company and personal employee matters
We offer a supportive working environment, competitive salary, a focus on work/life balance and a dedicated remote & in person social budget so you can enjoy your life at TFG. Our package includes:
- Competitive Benefits including holiday entitlement of 25 days + your birthday off AND a wellbeing day.
- Annual Salary in the range of c.£55-60k depending on experience
- Access to spill, a mental health support service offering free therapy
- Access to Vitality Healthcare
- Personal & Professional Development
- Flexible work environment: we’re currently remote first. Ask us about our “future of work” project. For this role to have maximum impact, we would expect 2 office based work days.
The need to knows:
- Ideally this will be full time role and the start date is ASAP
- The interview process will be 3 stages (phone and then two face to face interviews, COVID restrictions permitting!)
- This role will sit within the Technology & Operations team, with Claire Kelly (COO) acting as your line manager. Claire would also be the line manager for this role.
- This role would have key relationships with the whole TFG Leadership team, plus the broader team as it works across the business to drive our culture and learning & development initiatives
- We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment for our team and our members, as we believe that diversity breeds a more innovative, creative, and caring culture.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. Everyone who applies to Twenty First Group will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, family or parental status, or disability status.