Head of Partnerships
Newton Venture ProgramLondon23 days ago
The Newton Venture Program is a joint venture between London Business School and LocalGlobe VC with a clear vision: by 2030 venture investors will exceed 50% people from currently overlooked and underrepresented groups.
Up until now, venture investing has typically overlooked too many and served too few, which as a result has influenced whose problems get solved in the world. Our urgent mission is to disrupt the ecosystem through increasing the diversity of venture investors and developing them so they have equal opportunity to thrive.
We provide a first-of-its-kind investor training program for investors who fuel the global innovation ecosystem: VCs, LPs, angels, accelerators, and tech transfer officers worldwide. At least 50% of each cohort will be female, and at least 50% will be from Black and minority ethnic backgrounds.
Based out of Phoenix Court (home of LocalGlobe and Latitude VC funds) in Kings Cross, you will join our lean 3 person team (Executive Director, Head of Operations, Growth Lead), all with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are collaborative and trusting team players; no one is an individual contributor. Instead, we all shape the program, company, and community together.
We are also flexible to working patterns that suit you best and are open to discuss any working arrangements that make it possible for you to be part of our team. Currently, we have one team day a week in the office but there is the option to work there as much as is convenient for you.
Our mission also extends to our own personal development. We respect each other's long-term goals and objectives—and support each other to get there.
About the Role
We are looking for a Head of Partnerships to expand and structure our partnership offering. You will be key in shaping the immediate mandate and goals for this role as we grow and scale. More specific responsibilities include:
- Identify and build investor relationships, domestic and international partnerships - assuming ownership over significant relationships
- Fundraising from prospective donors to provide scholarship opportunities to Newton scholars
- Influencing stakeholders across the wider venture ecosystem to join Newton’s mission, including but not limited to: VC firms, Limited Partners, corporates and legal firms, university technology transfer offices, accelerators and incubators
We are looking for someone with demonstrated partnerships/business development experience to join our lean mission-driven team. You will have a huge impact almost immediately so we are looking for the experience outlined below.
We will be looking for someone who we can represent Newton’s missions and values:
- You will likely have at least 8 years’ relevant work experience
- Experience in prospecting fundraising opportunities and building new and existing relationships with potential sponsors
- Develop and sell to custom audiences such as tech transfer officers, accelerators, onboarding solutions for individual investment firms, corporates, etc.
- Previous growth experience spanning brand marketing, business development, and/or strategic partnerships
- You have worked or desire to work within a lean team and are used to being flexible
- You are excited by our mission to disrupt the ecosystem and are aligned with our company values.
We are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have a growth mindset, expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training or directly from other experts.
You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives. We are an international and inclusive team who believe that differences are our strengths, and we are unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness.
We are offering a total package of £40k to £60k base + up to 100% bonus = up to £120k total compensation (based on experience). We are flexible in how you would like to structure your package regarding salary versus bonus compensation.
We are flexible in location but are currently all based in London with one team day a week in Kings Cross (accessible via train to Kings Cross or St Pancras)
Please apply through our blind recruitment tool, Applied.