Kindred CapitalLondon11d ago
Kindred Capital is an early stage venture capital fund based in London. We invest in exceptional tech entrepreneurs at the very beginning of their journey. We are looking to hire our first technical team member who will play an instrumental role in building our organization's digital infrastructure, helping us systematically capture and process data to make us more efficient, across all aspects of our workflow. This is an exciting opportunity to hack a traditional industry with new processes and automation.
Who are we?
We’re an energetic and focused team of eight based in Clerkenwell - four partners leading investments and four full-time team members managing finance, operations and portfolio support. We have all been in startups ourselves and know how hard it is; when we make an investment in a business we work hard for the founders to help them get further, faster. We also work closely with a group of extraordinary advisers and over 70 founders.
We do things differently from other VCs: every entrepreneur, adviser, and team member that we work with becomes a co-owner in our fund, which means that everyone shares in the profits of one another's success - we call it Equitable Venture.
We recently announced the close of our second fund and we’ll be investing in many more startups over the next 5 years. We’re at an exciting stage in our growth as a firm, and we’re looking for ambitious team players to join us in the journey.
What you will work on
- Own the design and delivery of key projects to make our organisation as efficient as possible, building infrastructure with proprietary elements and third-party apps
- Collect and analyse unstructured data to identify patterns that help us find high potential startups early in their journey
- Improve efficiency of data collection from portfolio companies and expand our capacity to use this data to support the companies
- Participate in weekly meetings discussing the portfolio and dealflow, and learn what early stage investors look for when investing in founding teams and startups
- Ad hoc technical delivery projects with startups solving some of the world’s largest social and commercial problems
What we are looking for
- Someone to join us for a 12-18 month fixed term. You will lead projects as a key member of the team while following a development programme that gives you exposure to the broader tech ecosystem
- Hacker who can take unstructured data from multiple sources, ask the right questions, and scope products and strong processes. You may be a Growth Hacker or Data Scientist with engineering experience, or a Computer Science graduate with a passion for building products. We are not prescriptive about your specific experience and will consider all backgrounds
- Excellent analytical skills, passion for solving problems
- Initiative and independence
- Ability to also work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Interest in VC and how early stage startups run
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Join an ambitious, open, low-ego team who are looking to do things differently
- Good salary plus carry
- Sick pay
- Pension contribution
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Personal development budget
- Access to workshops and events for engineering leaders at startups in the Kindred portfolio
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.