Group Financial Controller
PerlegoLondon24 days ago
At Perlego, we’re working hard to make education accessible to all. In this digital age, we believe that anyone should be able to learn anything at any time. Knowledge should be more accessible, not locked behind sky-high price tags.
Over the past 4 years our goal has been to support students across the UK & Europe to access quality books. The next stage of Perlego is two fold: 1) expand our support to students globally, and 2) build a product that goes beyond the book, a platform that helps students study smarter and more effectively.
What we're looking for
A smart, proactive and motivated financial control specialist to join us and help us scale quickly and build our finance team from scratch, alongside a newly appointed VP Finance. You'll report into the VP Finance and have responsibility for building the financial systems and infrastructure to help us scale, whilst also having exposure to all things strategic finance.
What you’ll do
- You will work with the newly appointed VP Finance and have the opportunity to build our finance and accounting functions from scratch
- You will manage all of our statutory and management accounting including annual audit, management accounts and month end process
- You'll partner with the business to continually optimise and improve financial processes, ensuring we can move quickly and achieve our goals whilst keeping quality reporting and financial control
- You'll lead on supporting our international expansion including global payments, compliance, tax etc.
- You'll support the VP Finance on strategic finance deals, including fundraising, M&A analysis & due-diligence
- You'll have the opportunity to build and manage a team later this year
It’s the perfect role for you if:
- You're looking for the opportunity to build a control function from scratch, whilst getting exposure and training in strategic finance
- You have experience in audit and/or a similar field at a well respected accounting firm and/or in-house
- You are a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Have great communication skills and are able to communicate complex financial projects, simply
- You have experience within a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- It's a PLUS IF you have experience with international expansion, optimising global revenues and taxes
- It's a PLUS IF you have experience working with a subscription based and/or SaaS business
Like many, we’ve adapted our flexible work policy off the back of this year. We're still finalising what this will look like post Covid-19, but will likely be a hybrid model which would allow you to work part remote and have some days in the office to collaborate and socialise with the team.
We offer a £500 annual training budget for everyone's personal development
🌴 Base holiday
30 days base holiday (22 days + 8 bank holidays)
🎅🏼 Christmas break
In addition to your base holiday - the office will be shut for certain days over the Christmas holidays to allow everyone to have a break
Competitive salary, discretionary share options
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
Perlego will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months
🌻 Wellbeing subsidy
Subsidy towards your choice of: gym or Vitality health insurance
Plus mental health and counselling support via Spill
👼🏽 Parental Leave
Favourable parental leave policy for any new parent