- Own the P&L of your location and have overall responsibility for delivering your financial targets
- Drive the efforts to hit your hub’s revenue targets by structuring and closing strong deals for new membership and existing member growth
- Know your P&L like the back of your hand and drive efficiencies as often as possible
- Support the central marketing and sales teams with insights, data and analyses to continually drive high quality curated leads for your hub
- Work with the central finance and operations team on forecasting, budgeting, P&L management, debt control, business development & strategic planning
- Control variable spend to maintain our quality of service whilst keeping within your location budget
- Conduct weekly, monthly & quarterly analysis reports for your hubs commercial and operational performance, ensuring presented data is clean & accurate at all times
- Managing your team to produce exceptional results, the smooth day to day running of your hub
- Professionally coach, develop and up-skill your team members to ensure continued professional growth and development and to ensure that their engagement at Huckletree remains high at all times
- Drive all recruitment efforts and see to the effective onboarding and training of new team members
- Deliver your people-related OKR’s in order to achieve (or exceed) tangible results for your hub and the wider business.
Member Engagement and Retention
- Cultivate an amazing working relationship with all of your members.
- Have a genuine passion for your member businesses and their growth story, from start-up to scale up (and beyond - we’re hoping for unicorns)
- Ensure the highest possible level of member satisfaction to mitigate churn - have the ability to identify what your community wants and needs before they know it themselves.
- Ensure that your member companies receive a high-quality experience throughout their membership journey with us
- Continuously immerse & educate yourself on London's exciting tech ecosystem.
- Have a good understanding of operating a physical workspace, working with the building manager and the central operations teams to proactively come up with solutions to operational issues as or before they arise.
- Have a keen eye for detail with a 5* service mindset, ensuring group standards are upheld at all times
- Manage relationships with partners, contractors & suppliers to maintain the highest level of operational efficiency within your hub
- Ensure your hub is compliant with all health & safety legislation, including our COVID-19 policies & procedures
The person - There are four key components to becoming a successful General Manager at Huckletree - your career at Huckletree will be long and successful if you embody them! They are:
- Run your hub as if it’s your own business using your commercial acumen coupled with P&L efficiency, sales and retention and realising that the buck always stops with you.
- Demonstrate exceptional people management skills to manage and develop and support a high-performing team and get the most out of them. Ensure that our team members are always the Number One reason that our members love us!
- Be the vibe master putting your stamp on the culture and energy inside your hub using your own magic!
- Be the coolest, calmest juggler. Being a GM at Huckletree is a fast-paced, high-pressure role. You’ll have to show that you can easily wear many hats, thrive under pressure and deliver optimal results at all times.
This role reports to the Head of UK Operations.
Please apply if;
- You have at 2+ years experience as a GM, or Assistant GM, at a member’s club, wellness concept or in hospitality
- You have significant experience managing teams to produce exceptional results
- You have demonstrable experience in forecasting, budgeting, business development & strategic planning
- You have significant sales experience/contributing to revenue growth - with demonstrated experience in structuring complex deals and negotiations
- You have a strong customer-service mentality and you have the ability to generate respect and trust from all stakeholders, internally and externally
- You are output-driven
You’ll have access to a wide range of perks aimed to support you in all areas of your life. These include:
- Third Year, Fully Paid Month-Long Sabbatical
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Unlimited Free GP & Therapy Appointments
- Mental Health Day Policy
- Private Health Insurance with Vitality (window opens upon completion of probationary period)
- Compassionate Leave
- 22 days annual leave, plus public holidays, your birthday off and plus 3-4 additional days off during the Christmas period
- Professional Development
- Personal Curiosity Budget
- Team Building Activities
- Bi-Annual, Full Company Socials