Mobility: Office based with occasional travel as required, and flexibility to work part of the week remotely.
Hours: Full time, with full flexibility to meet the demands of the role, whether in or out of core office hours
Atomico is one of Europe’s largest venture capital firms founded in 2006 by Niklas Zennström. We are at the centre of the European technology ecosystem and are passionate about continuing to build that ecosystem, and partnering with the most ambitious, mission-driven founders building category-winners.
If you want to be part of a team committed to partnering with game-changing founders, consciously scaling companies in the pursuit of solving world problems at scale, then Atomico is the place for you. You will be joining a Company which is mission-driven and principles-led, with a one-team approach to converting opportunities and creating value, whilst contributing meaningfully to a better future.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
They key duties and responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act like an owner. Figure out what needs to be built and build it - managing projects dynamically and collaboratively. We are a small team that speaks openly, and want you to bring not just engineering prowess but a genuine love of the product process.
- Use data and software engineering to surface great companies, investors, and people within the European startup ecosystem and improve the way we interact with and satisfy all of these partners.
- Build best in class systems in our Typescript and Python based stack.
- Take care and love building our new systems - after all, they’re a key part of allocating and managing $1.5B+ of venture capital money. (Thankfully, we have 85%+ test coverage!)
CANDIDATE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Software engineer with a very strong sense of what makes a good product & user experience.
- Strong academic background, likely with a degree in STEM.
- 2-5 years experience in startups and tech companies is a plus.
- Self-starting. We have a small team and enjoy the ownership that goes with that.
- Passion for entrepreneurship and, by extension, the venture capital process that has enabled such huge innovation in recent years. You should be excited to experience how a modern VC works, and have genuine interest + early insight into the space.
- You like working with people and look forward to working in a multidisciplinary, diverse team, not just surrounding yourself with other software engineers. You also appreciate the key advantages of team diversity, and advocate for improving this.
The following are some of the requirements that are needed for the role. This is by no means an exhaustive list and should be viewed as a guide for the kinds of things we’re interested in.
- ReactJS, Typescript
- Asynchronous programming (we use aiohttp in the backend at the moment)
- Ability to quickly build an MVP with frontend and backend components
- Iterating with users to produce a stable, deployable product, where sensible trade offs have been made
- Good knowledge of relational databases e.g. Postgres and associated query languages
- Graph databases
- Building and maintaining data pipelines and ETL
- Understanding of modern devops - containerisation and continuous development/integration
- Practical use of git, bash
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE FROM US:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to: private medical insurance, 10% non contributory pension contribution, generous fitness subsidy, health & wellbeing support, unlimited holiday, daily lunch allowance and competitive family-friendly benefits to support working parents
- Access to training & development opportunities relevant to the role
The information provided in this job description is not contractual and is subject to change in line with the needs of the business and market forces. The role-holder’s duties include but are not limited to those outlined above. The role-holder is expected to carry out any other duties as may reasonably be requested of them or as may be additionally assigned to the role from time to time.