Full Stack Engineer
Founders FactoryUK or European Remote16d ago
What is Bequest?
We are an early stage tech startup revolutionising the life insurance industry. Born out of Founders Factory and supported by Aviva, we have gone through incubation and are now in the acceleration program to power our growth.
Bequest is an all-of-life and end-of-life planning platform. It can hold your will, pension, investments, digital and financial assets, and connect all your beneficiaries so that nothing gets lost.
What are we looking for?
As we expand our engineering team, we are looking for an experienced fullstack developer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can help us build and scale our product beyond the MVP. Currently we've built a web application, but next on our radar is to build a mobile app.
You will be one of the first hires of the company and working closely with our CTO and the cofounding team. Since we are an early-stage startup, you will have more responsibilities than in a regular role and play a large part in shaping the next features of the application.
Our Tech Stack: Go, React with TypeScript, Docker + Kubernetes (GCP), GraphQL, gRPC, PostgreSQL
- Write high quality and well tested code for our backend platform
- Work with product designers to come up with the best product and create the UI based on the agreed designs
- Collaborate and review code of other engineers
- Create and present ideas and solutions for improvements to products, services and processes
- Test product and maintain after go-live
What we'd like to see from you:
- 3 - 5 years of software development using an object oriented language
- At least 1 year of front-end development
- Excellent knowledge of programming best practices and design patterns
- A strong communicator, self-starter and problem solver
Nice to haves:
- Commercial programming experience with Go and React
- Experience with cross-platform mobile app frameworks (e.g. React Native Flutter)
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Helm, Terraform, Postman, Gitlab CI, microservices architecture
- Flexible and remote working options
- Fully serviced office in Central London
- Generous stock option scheme
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Catered lunches twice a week plus unlimited breakfast, fruit and drinks