Full Stack Developer (React + Rails)
FlorenceLondon25 days ago
At Florence, we all have a definitive mission - to empower the care sector to work more efficiently in order to provide better quality care. Our online marketplace helps care homes fill rota gaps without the need for expensive recruitment agencies.
Launched in 2017, we now work with over 50,000 nurses and carers and over 600 care home locations across England, Scotland and Wales. Nurses and carers have worked almost 1 million hours and earned more than £20million by booking shifts through Florence.
We are a growing team of 60+, founded and led by a former doctor-turned-entrepreneur. This is a really exciting time to join Florence and be part of a tech startup that is filled with collaborative, passionate and driven people.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer (React + Rails) to join our product team. You will be working alongside a dynamic team, specifically focusing on building and maintaining our whitelabelled products.
Whilst we support flexible working we would like the successful candidate to work 1 day in the office once we are back.
- Build, test and maintain high quality code and features across the suite of Florence applications
- Take on technical lead responsibilities for larger projects
- Mentor and support junior developers while working on features
- Help set and maintain high code quality standards
- Take initiative to look for opportunities to develop and improve the product suite
- Assist the product managers in scoping technical features
- Continue developing your skill set by undertaking training and sharing knowledge with the team through lunch + learns/similar
- Working with product managers and clients to build functionality for our products
- Owning our React codebases and helping develop them further
- Reviewing PRs and offering opinions on engineering and product decisions
- Working closely with your teammates to ensure all projects are in sync and running smoothly
- Working in a cross-functional and varied role covering everything from defining scopes to solving product problems together with your team
- Experience or preference working in an agile, close knit product team
- React enthusiast with the ability to compromise and try new tools if needed
- You thrive working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and have the ability to multitask and switch focus at short notice
- You’re happy liaising with customers in a professional setting and gathering technical requirements from non-technical people.
- Ability to work effectively, whether autonomously, paired up or part of a small team
- Naturally collaborative, self-motivated & adaptable
- You know how to make a difference to the product you're working on
- 3-5 years experience working on large web applications
- Experience working with production React applications
- Experience working with production Rails APIs
- Experience providing support to and developing junior developers
- Experience writing high coverage test suites in Jest/Rspec/similar
- Good understanding of cutting edge React methodologies e.g. Redux, Sagas
- Good understanding of web application fundamentals and architecture
- Good understanding of product development processes
- Good understanding of data analytics and using data to inform product decisions
- 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Regular company and social outings (after the COVID lockdown)
- Laptop supplied when joining
- Learning budget with Learnerbly
- Opportunity to contribute to growth in an early stage startup
When we are back in the office:
- Access to kitchen area supplied with free teas, coffees, biscuits etc
- Fun, friendly and collaborative startup office environment
- Friendly office dogs