Frontend JS Software Engineer
FiitLondon, E15 2GW22d ago
Who are we?
We are Fiit. The #1 rated fitness app in the UK.
We're looking for A team players to help us achieve our mission — to remove every barrier to exercise, and create the most exciting and effective workouts on the planet.
We're a London-based startup with global plans. Are you passionate about making a difference? Read on.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a permanent, Frontend JS Software Engineer to join our team, where you will be helping to develop some of the most exciting, cutting edge technology in the fitness and wellness industry.
What does that look like?
- One of our key strategies for the upcoming year and beyond is to bring Fiit to more platforms and devices. To help us achieve this vision, you will be helping us build browser based apps for TV and web platforms in React.
- Collaborating closely with backend engineers, mobile app developers, QA, designers and PMs, supporting each other to deliver a five-star product.
- Working with a GraphQL API
- Taking responsibility for the quality and stability of these apps, through good testing and monitoring processes.
- Working in a highly iterative and data-driven development lifecycle, releasing MVPs to learn how a new feature is received and used before building on top of it.
- Engaging in product and design discussions, contributing ideas for what you will be building.
- Constantly questioning. Why are you building this? How can it be improved? What can we learn from this?
- Adapting quickly to changing requirements and environments; you will need to respond to unexpected challenges with a cool head and a positive attitude.
What does that look like?
- Commercial experience building consumer facing HTML apps for web, mobile or TV platforms
- Ability to mitigate, diagnose and debug client-side performance problems
- A strong testing and quality assurance mindset
- A pragmatic development approach - confident with regularly triaging and reassessing priorities
- Familiarity with a CI/CD development lifecycle
- Experience working within an agile product team
- A team player who enjoys collaboration and discussion
- Passionate about the product and always striving for great UX
- Always willing to get stuck into an unfamiliar problem and looking to learn
- Can communicate clearly, concisely and kindly with technical and non-technical coworkers
- Interest and passion for fitness
- Start date will be the end of June/ beginning of July
- The role is based at Fiit HQ, London, so our office needs to be accessible to you.
This would also be a bonus
- Video streaming experience
- TV app experience
- Node server development
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Experience developing cloud applications on AWS, using services such as S3, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, DynamoDB
This is not a Contractor role; please don't apply unless you are looking for a permanent role.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary, performance related bonuses & equity options
- A cool office environment and the option of flexible working
- Private health and dental insurance
- 3 budgets that you control personally, covering professional development, health/wellness and hobbies
- The opportunity to make a difference to people's lives
Fiit is based at the Here East campus in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, within easy reach of two major stations, it has a free shuttle bus and is well connected to cycle paths.
During the COVID-19 pandemic the team is working remotely and so this role will be based at home until we return to the office.