Front End Developer (SEO/Analytics)
MousLondona month ago
👋 About You
We're growing our E-Commerce team at Mous and looking for a Front End Developer with a passion for building high-converting websites.
Alongside our Senior Front End Developer, Max, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our customers and business by inventing, enhancing and building world-class websites, delivering results whilst working on exciting and challenging projects.
As we're still a relatively small company, we work to tight deadlines, meaning you'll very quickly be able to witness the fruits of your labour on our sites.
You'll work alongside our Marketing, Data and Brand & Creative teams to drive our brand forward, shaping and progressing our brand proposition and perception through our websites.
As a D2C business, a high-performing and thoroughly tested website is crucial to our long-term strategic growth objectives, making you a fundamental part of Mous's success.
In a nutshell, this is what you'll own in the role:
- Supporting on Front End Development across our four Shopify sites (UK, EU, US and ROW).
- The tasks you take on during each sprint.
- SEO and Analytics on our sites from a development perspective.
This is what you'll get up to in your first three months with us:
- Taking an enthusiastic and proactive approach to learning Shopify and E-Commerce team operations.
- Completing a thorough deep-dive into our codebase and gaining a solid understanding of our development process.
- Confidently completing sprints using the correct syntax and methodology.
- Integrating external applications.
- Building features such as templates, landing pages, delivery search tools.
- Testing and evaluating changes made to the site.
- Troubleshooting and debugging.
- Working on 3rd party tools.
- Cross-browser testing.
Sounds good? This is where you'll be at within six months to a year:
- You'll be fully-familiarised with our Shopify eco-system, completing sprints and tasks autonomously.
- Collaborating with the wider E-Commerce team on new ideas and implementing them.
- Confidently prioritising tasks aligned with individual, department and company-level objectives.
- Effectively communicating technical challenges to the broader business, particularly to non-technical stakeholders and project managers.
- Regularly researching opportunities to improve site performance and speed.
- Continuing to code, test and troubleshoot!
You've read this far! Now here's what we need from you:
- An understanding of SEO and Analytics.
- Well-versed in version control tools (GIT).
- Experience working with design software such as Figma and/or Sketch.
- An ability to understand common UX patterns with an ability to identify and mitigate UX design risks early in the development process.
- Experience using CSS methodologies, specifically BEM.
- A basic understanding using linting tools such as ESLint and StyleLint.
- Use your strong communication skills to manage both internal stakeholders (ensuring your voice is heard and you are able to effectively articulate your vision).
- Use your extreme attention to detail to spot errors both in your code and on our websites.
- Use your initiative to source opportunities for continuous improvement in your own work and in team processes.
- Use your excellent time management abilities to prioritise daily tasks in accordance with overarching company goals.
- Above all, you'll be curious and hungry to learn in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
We're not asking for the world (we promise!), but here are some nice-to-haves:
- Experience using Shopify and Liquid.
- Experience working with Vue.js.
- Experience developing and managing RESTful APIs (Node + Express).
🎉 About Our Offer
Like all responsible companies, we’re currently working from home, but we’ve developed an air-tight remote working and communication system so you’ll be supported through your induction period and well into your working life at Mous. When the world opens back up again, we’ll be based at WeWork in London Fields. As part of the perks of a WeWork location, you’ll have access to regular on-site activities including yoga, breathwork and cookery classes. This will give you the opportunity to excel in a relaxing, yet sociable environment.
In addition to our positive, supporting working place you can expect the following benefits of working at Mous:
- A competitive starting salary
- A steep learning curve with the chance to make a tangible impact within a growing business
- Regular team socials - we've done a virtual Crystal Maze, Musical Bingo and a Murder Mystery all whilst being remote!
- Charlie HR perks package including discounts on hundreds of high street brands and services
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30% discount for F&F on all Mous products
- Huge opportunities for career progression in a high-growth start-up. Dream big, work hard and make things happen!
✨ (A little bit more) About Us
Mous was founded in 2014 by a group of twenty-somethings with experience across design, engineering and product. Their mission was to engineer tech accessories trusted to protect and enhance everyday experiences. Following tireless product testing and both an award-winning and record-breaking crowd-funding campaign, Mous brought their first iPhone case to market in 2017, raising a total of $2.5 million in pre-orders. Their commitment to quality materials, design and innovation has seen the company grow from a team of five to a team of over 70 in their four years of operation, covering concept to design and manufacture; from content creation to getting behind and in front of the camera (sometimes even chartering cherry pickers, cranes and helicopters to test product resilience).
With offices in London and China, Mous has now sold over 1.7 million products around the world to-date, across a broad range of tech accessories, proving that you can enter a crowded market and excel if you put quality of design, authentic innovation and customer experience at the heart of what you do.
Mous has expanded their product range, launching their slimmest and most ergonomic case yet, Contour; and their innovative clear case, Clarity. Going from strength-to-strength, Sunday Times Fast Track 100 named Mous One to Watch, and Sir Richard Branson dubbed them a ‘great, young brand.’ They have amassed 99 million YouTube views, and have over 200k followers on Instagram.
Mous are a progressive and innovative brand, for people who want tech accessories with a considered and practical design. Co-Founders James Griffith, Lucy Hutchinson and James Day are based in London; Will Mullen is based in China. Not one of them has a broken phone screen.
🌈 About Our Commitment
Mous is an equal opportunity employer, and as a brand, we value authenticity and integrity. We strive to be different and know that if we are to create the most innovative products and deliver the best customer experience, we need to build a diverse team of individuals who can bring a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives to the table. No matter your age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or physical ability, at Mous, your individuality is celebrated.