Front-end Developer (React Native)
VinehealthLondon, on-site2M ago
We’re looking for an experienced (2yrs+) react native mobile developer to lead the building of our iOS and Android mobile application.
You will be a key member of the engineering team. You will be responsible for the development of our patient-facing mobile application and you will help us to move from our private beta product into full market launch in the new year. The mobile app is written in react-native and the backend is written in Python (Flask) with a Postgres DB. The backend is deployed on AWS. It is entirely serverless - we use Fargate, Aurora and Lambda. Our infrastructure is fully specified in code with Pulumi. We are working in a space where data security is really important.
You’ll work in iterative cycles with our Tech Lead and our Lead UX/UI designer to ensure technical feasibility of designs and to optimise the application for patient engagement. It’s a small team and we all need to help each other out so there will be some exposure to tasks outside of your core role.
We're a young company, so you'll need to get your hands dirty and no two weeks will be the same. The ability to cope with uncertainty and rapid change is crucial.
We're looking for someone to be a real part of the team. You spend a lot of time with the people you work with, so we want it to be fun and rewarding rather than feel like a chore. That means having a passion for what we're doing, wanting to make a real difference to people's lives, having interests outside of work, sharing knowledge with your colleagues, and adding to our company culture.
You’ll have developed and deployed mobile applications in react native & redux in past roles and you’ll have experience working in an agile engineering/product team and working very closely with UX/UI designers. You are ambitious, and eager to make a massive impact as one of the key first hires at an early-stage company.
Skills & attributes:
- Extensive knowledge of React Native and Redux
- Experience in Mobile development (iOS or Android)
- Experience in Unit Testing
- Knowledge/experience with relational databases
- Core programming and software engineering
- Agile methodologies
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Quick to learn
- Empathy for our users
- Passion for technology, startups and healthcare
- Experience with D3.js and web based charting libraries.
- Experience in Python (Flask)
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the wider team to understand our customers and their needs
- Development of key mobile product features & enhancements
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Ensuring complete end-to-end analytics are built into the product
- Supporting your team with pair programming and code reviews
- Adding to the team and company culture with your personality, interests, and ways of working
- Highly competitive salary (based on experience) as well as other incentives where appropriate
- Participation in an attractive EMI share option scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Extra half day off during your birthday week!
- Macbook Pro
- Learning & development expenses
- Free tea, coffee and fruit
- Beautiful 3rd floor office space in the heart of the city surrounded by lovely restaurants, bars, gyms and public transport
- Beautiful onsite break areas and regular community events
- Yoga on Fridays