Faculty Software Engineer
AcademyUnited Kingdom2 months ago
Faculty Software Engineer
As part of Academy's founding tech team, you will work in a truly hybrid role as both an active internal software engineer and a member of our emerging teaching faculty. This role is all about building the future of tech, so you’ll get to build the products that push our business into the future of education and give back by developing high potential young people into a new generation of technology leaders.
Location: UK - Academy is HQ'd in Manchester but we're open to remote working
- Support the CTO in setting the product & tech strategy for launch and beyond, balancing between quick wins for our students and long term value creation in line with our growth plans
- Work with all key business areas to scope and build Academy's proprietary technology, including virtual aptitude and wider psychometric testing and a world-class virtual learning environment
- Work with our Programme and Faculty Leads to effectively upskill in best practice teaching and coaching, becoming a resident expert on our pedagogy and curriculum
- Act as an active member of our teaching faculty, coaching and managing the performance of our students and setting the standard for teaching at Academy
- Act as a solid support system to our future students before and during their time on our program, using a range of community management initiatives, events, and general support activities to keep them engaged
- Bring forward insights and ideas from your previous engineering experience and education to help shape our technical curriculum and wider student experience
- Use your experience as an active member of our faculty to collect actionable feedback from our students that can be used to refine our program, technology and student experience, establishing feedback loops with relevant stakeholders
- Track record of high-achievement as a software engineer within high-growth technology companies
- Experience as a coach and mentor, ideally working with beginner and entry-level software engineers
- Evidence of having championed greater accessibility and diversity in tech
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who is striving to rapidly accelerate their career
Please note we are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe that, by bringing some seriously talented people together, we can change the future of tech for the better. We encourage applications from all - including (but not limited to) those who are underrepresented in tech through gender, ethnicity or sexuality.
Academy’s vision is to become a global hub for high-potential early career talent, fast-growing technology companies, and world-class leadership development.