Executive Assistant and Office Manager
Direct email applications ONLY - If you wish to be considered for this position, all documentation should be sent via EMAIL to email@example.com
Please email us your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1000 words explaining:
- What excites you about Hatch as an organisation and about this role in particular?
- How do you manage your workload to balance activities you are leading on with providing support to others?
- What would you do in this role that would really make an impact?
- Where did you first hear about this opportunity?
Send these via email with “EA and Office Manager Application – Your Name” as the email subject line by 9am on Monday 23rd May. If you have any questions or need any help with your application, please drop us a line. (Recruiters will be politely turned away)
- Salary: £24,950 – £29,000 with scope for salary progression
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: Full Time (typically 09.30-17.30 but with flexibility)
- Location: Elephant & Castle / Remote. For this role we expect you to be able to be in the office in Elephant and Castle at least one day per week
- Responsible To: CEO
- Application Deadline: 9am Monday 23rd May
- Interview Dates: 1st round w/c 30th May, 2nd round w/c 6th June
Do you love keeping things organised and running smoothly? Do you have an eye for spotting ways things could be done more simply? Are you happiest keeping everything running efficiently, freeing others up to do what they do best?
Hatch is in the middle of a growth spurt; these are busy and exciting times with ambitious goals and big projects in the pipeline to triple the size of the team and provide 25,000 enterprise support opportunities to underrepresented founders in the next 5 years.
Our CEO is increasingly focussed on building external partnerships and profile to support this growth and is looking for an EA to support him in staying on top of multiple meetings, relationships and projects and to ensure nothing falls through the cracks and to support with Board and committee logistics. You will also ensure a smooth running office for a hybrid working team and play a key role in planning and organising team-wide activities.
By spotting and fixing problems before they arise, and by looking after the little things that matter a lot, you will be the glue that keeps the team together, and the oil that keeps everything running smoothly for the CEO and the wider Hatch team.
Executive Assistant and Office Manager
EA to the CEO
- Managing the CEO’s diary, organising and responding to internal and external meeting requests
- Managing the CEO’s inbox, dealing with requests for support, answering those we aren’t going to progress or will progress by introductions to our wider network and ensuring requests are shared with the relevant members of the Hatch team
- Leading on extracting contacts, documents and communications threads from the CEO’s historical inbox and transitioning them to the organisation-wide CRM system as part of a wider systems upgrade process
- Synthesising and bringing ideas together and turning them into documents and presentations
- Supporting with Board decks, coordinating inputs from across the team, leading on formatting and distributing board decks and documents ahead of meetings
- Taking and distributing Board, Advisory Board and Sub-Committee meeting minutes as relevant, scheduling meetings and managing apologies
- Managing board advisor, observer and trustee recruitment and induction processes
- Maintaining up to date Trustee records at Companies House and Charity Commission
- Developing and maintaining an organisational calendar of key activities and deadlines that impact multiple people and teams including internal meetings, Board meetings, Hatch audit processes and other key governance and operational dates and deadlines
- Scheduling Senior Leadership Group meetings and other cross-team meetings including providing coordination and support to team working groups
- Scheduling weekly, quarterly and ad hoc team meetings, strategy sessions and other events
- Coordinating team input and formatting of slide decks for team meetings and events
- Arranging venues / managing online hosting as relevant for team wide activities and leading on arrangements with any external speakers or guests, working with our Events Coordinator
- Managing incoming phone calls, emails and post and giving a great first impression of Hatch
- Liaising with all office suppliers, contractors and maintenance staff including landlord, utilities suppliers, caretaker, alarm company etc
- Maintaining supplies of stationery, cleaning and other office supplies and ensuring everything is in good working order
- Working with the Operations Director to complete and update the office risk assessment and implement control measures
- Working with the Operations Director to ensure the Health and Safety of all staff, freelancers, volunteers and visitors to 55 East, including ensuring fire safety and first aid training and procedures are in place and updated for hybrid working
- Working with the Operations Director to ensure the Health and Safety of all staff while working from home or off-site, including reviewing and updating policies and procedures as relevant
- Maintaining up to date information in the Hatch Team Guide on all office systems and procedures
- Efficient – you have great time and task management skills
- Attention to detail – every email answered, every data point entered is your natural way of working
- Planning – you are organised, unflappable and are always looking a few steps ahead
- Prioritisation – it doesn’t put you off to have lots of stuff thrown at you at once, you like to be busy and are great at managing multiple projects and activities at once
- Solutions oriented – you can spot when something could be done better, faster, or more smoothly and won’t hesitate to change things to make your job and others’ easier
- Flexible and proactive – you are willing to get stuck into any task, however large or small
- Supportive – you can spot opportunities to support others and are ready and willing to provide it
- Self- motivated – you are comfortable working independently and taking the initiative
- People oriented – you thrive in a team environment, build positive relationships and understand that this is how the work gets done
- Digital skills – you don’t need to be a tech whizz but you know your way around the google suite and how to use a CRM system
- It’s important that you have an interest in start-ups or not-for-profits. That’s what we do here at Hatch and we want you to share our passion for it!
We care about our people and giving them the things they need to succeed.
We have always been supportive of flexible working, which has become even more important recently. We have an office in Elephant & Castle, which is available for anyone to work from as much or as little as they’d like. For those working at home, we’ll provide you with a laptop to get you set up. In the post-COVID world we’re experimenting with full flexibility to work from home or in the office as it suits you, but hope the whole team will be able to come together periodically.
- Flexible working – work from home or in the office and at the times that work best for you
- 38 fully flexible holiday days (including the 9 UK bank holidays)
- 3% employer pension contribution
- £500 home office set up allowance
- £750 annual budget for learning and development or wellbeing activities
- Paid time off for dedicated learning and development opportunities
- 4 days per year paid time off to volunteer
We believe everyone has potential. We are committed to increasing diversity among business owners, and we want to do the same for our team. If you’ve read this far, and you like the sound of the job, but you’re worried you don’t quite fit the requirements, we’d love it if you went ahead and applied.
We want to ensure that our team represents a wider cross-section of society than a typical start-up, and we know that means we have to make an effort to understand and accommodate different people’s needs. If you would require any reasonable adjustments to be made to support you to apply, interview or join the Hatch team please contact us.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.