PUBLICLondon / Remote23d ago
Full time, permanent
£25-£30k depending on experience
Closing date: 13 November
PUBLIC has offices in London, Berlin and Copenhagen. We are now looking for an Events Associate based in London to join our growing team.
The Events Associate will join our Communications & Events team, and will be responsible for planning and end-to-end delivery of a programme of virtual and live events, bringing together senior representatives from Government and the civil service, alongside leading figures in the technology sector, startups, investors and corporate sponsors.
You will also help to deliver PUBLIC’s flagship event, the annual GovTech Summit - Europe’s leading event on the use of technology in public services - attended annually by over 2,000 startups, investors and public officials.
In its first three years, the GovTech Summit hosted President of France Emmanuel Macron, Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau, and UK Secretary of State for Health Matt Hancock and former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair among its headline speakers. You will develop the programme and speaker list for future Summits, and manage the speaker management process, working alongside our event delivery partners.
You’ll help to grow the Summit’s presence, working with partners as we seek to host similar events in new locations across Asia and Europe.
The Events Associate is responsible for coordinating the content, planning, logistics and delivery of all our events. This role will also establish relationships with PUBLIC’s partners, suppliers and event attendees to ensure the smooth running of the event.
- Developing an ongoing programme of in-house events, roundtables and discussions, working with teams across the business
- Leading on the development of Summit event content, including event agendas and themes
- Inviting and liaising with speakers
- Managing the day-to-day relationship with our Summit delivery partners
- Create and maintain speaker/sponsor event status reports
- Produce event recaps and track costs for each event.
- Arranging catering and AV equipment needs for our in-house events
- Additional operational responsibilities, as needed.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated individual, who can handle a busy schedule of in-house events, whilst working with our wider team to develop a compelling conference agenda and speaker roster for the GovTech Summit. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and influencer with strong research skills; is analytical and articulate; a team player with a professional demeanour and enjoys being part of an enthusiastic, business-oriented and committed team. Must be driven and able to work with a sense of urgency, control the event process and be able to immerse yourself in new industries quickly.
What you need
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders
- Strong research skills and work ethic
- The ability to take initiative and improve systems and processes
- Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful.
- Comfort working in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- (Desirable) 1-2 years event experience or relevant training in events operations/events marketing
What you don't need:
- A university degree or other formal training background
PUBLIC helps technology startups transform public services. We provide insight, support, networks, and capital to entrepreneurs with the latest and most innovative ideas, helping them to improve the lives of citizens through enhancing the services that the government provides.
In addition to supporting a growing portfolio of over 35 technology startups around Europe, PUBLIC builds new ventures in-house to develop technology solutions to some of the most significant challenges faced by European governments.
We are a team of passionate problem solvers with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds aiming to use technology to solve major public and societal problems.
Find out more about PUBLIC at www.public.io