LettUs GrowBristol15d ago
LettUs Grow is a fast-paced and environmentally conscious start-up based in the heart of Bristol. We design technology for indoor farms with the mission to reduce the waste and carbon footprint of fresh produce by enabling anyone, anywhere, to grow nutritious produce near its point of consumption.
We’ve developed innovative software and hardware solutions that combine efficient aeroponic technology with data collection, automation and operational insights for the farmers and growers of the future. We are scaling quickly to meet the growing demand for this trailblazing technology.
With a team of open, caring and ambitious peers, working in a technically-challenging and impact-driven industry, this is somewhere to really make your mark on society and help feed the next generation.
As Electrical/Electronic Engineer at LettUs Grow, you will report directly to our Engineering Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for the prototyping, design and production of vertical farming equipment developed by LettUs Grow.
You can expect to be delegated responsibility at an early stage and will have a real opportunity to progress as the company scales. This role is ideal for a diligent and personable applicant who is keen to grow with an impact-led startup.
We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
Salary band: £27,500 - £33,000 dependent upon experience, calculated pro rata.
Application deadline: July 10th, 2020
- Develop and test our vertical farming equipment.
- Design for manufacture of our electrical and electronic systems.
- Support the certification of our technologies.
- Diagnose issues remotely as well as on-site.
- Develop a detailed understanding of Electrical and Electronic systems within LettUs Grow products.
- Review and provide documentation for production installation, commission and maintenance procedures of LettUs Grow products and services.
- Liaise with suppliers of electronic and electrical components.
Who are you?
- You’re a clear communicator who is capable of relaying complex engineering problems to your team, the company and customers.
- You’re methodical, practical and capable of diagnosing and resolving issues when working with novel equipment.
- You’re curious and possess a desire to constantly learn and improve.
- Sometimes problems arise on a farm that will require your undivided attention at a moment's notice. You are flexible and self-motivated to get the job done well.
- You’re an open minded individual who enjoys working in a team. You listen carefully to others’ opinions and respond with care and respect.
What you need:
- Ability to perform schematic capture.
- Ability to design and layout PCBs.
- Experience with design for manufacture.
- Experience of EMC implications of PCB layout and component choice.
- Experience working as an electrical/electronic engineer.
- An electronic or electrical engineering HNC or equivalent work experience.
- Electrician or electrical qualifications.
- Experience working as an electrician.
- Understanding of testing methodologies and approaches.
- Ability to create test harnesses.
- Experience with sensors.
- Programming experience (using C or C++).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The position is full-time and will begin remotely due to covid government restrictions. There will be opportunities to visit our office and farm in central Bristol, where health and safety precautions are in place to ensure your safety.
You will benefit from training and external mentoring. Salary will be competitive to match experience, with the benefit of employee share options scheme. LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About LettUs Grow
Everything we do is impact-driven. We want to make a substantial positive change, not just through our products, but also in how we operate as a team. We are ambitious, responsible and caring, and bring these core-values into everything we do. This is clear in the way we approach challenges: we’re ambitious enough to run into a fair few, responsible enough to address them with innovative solutions and caring in our approach to solving them as a team, for the good of our planet and all the people that inhabit it.
At LettUs Grow, we collaborate across teams so you’ll have the opportunity to work with our team of plant scientists and engineers or to speak at public events with our communications team.
You will be working from our open office where hot desking is encouraged, within our world-class horticultural research facility and/or in our engineering workshops and production areas.
At LettUs Grow we offer:
- Flexible working hours. Whether your child's ill, you're waiting for a package or you have some deep-focused work to do, we all need some time away from the office.
- A living wage in line with our salary framework.
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata, plus UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! If you don't, you can carry some over into next year.
- Training and professional development: training courses, resources and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role and for your future.
- A team of ambitious, open and impact-driven employees.
- A newly refurbished, open-plan office environment and cutting edge research facility, complete with skill-sharing workshops and a ping-pong table.
- The best coffee in town. We keep our team well-fuelled with top notch coffee from a local supplier.
- Bike repair station. Everything you need to keep you on the road from tools and parts to spare lights and a lock.
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at LettUs Grow? Visit our careers page to hear from some of our current staff.