Digital Engagement Manager
The Funding NetworkLondon (currently remote)5d ago
Digital Engagement Manager
Term - 12 months, with the possibility of extension
Hours: 0.8 FTE, flexible working offered, some evening work required
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 p.a. (pro rata), depending on experience
The Funding Network (TFN) is a UK charity that empowers, supports and connects charities with people who want to support great causes. This is embodied in our mission - more and better donors, stronger and more resilient charities, all working together for a safer, fairer and more just world.
TFN does this by producing and curating live crowdfunding events that level the playing field between charities and donors – creating meaningful giving experiences and building confidence and capacity of both in so doing. Ultimately, TFN aims to foster greater connection and trust between charities and donors, which will lead to greater social change.
Prior to the Covid-19 crisis, TFN was embarking on a review of its strategic choices. Digital development, and particularly harnessing digital platforms to potentially align or augment TFN’s live crowdfunding model, was identified as a priority. The crisis has provided TFN with the opportunity to test the virtual delivery its events using digital event technology. The results have been very exciting and have led the organisation to fast track plans to move to a hybrid event model whereby when lockdown ends, events are delivered simultaneously live and via a digital streaming service. (You can watch a short highlights film of the first event delivered over Crowdcast.ie here.)
To support this move to a hybrid model, TFN is planning to upscale its social media and digital marketing capacity and explore ways in which digital technology might be harnessed to improve and automate elements of the user experience. (For example registering to attend an event, pledging funds to charities at the events, making payment for funds pledged, receiving information about the impact of funds raised etc.). It is envisaged that these projects may involve external agencies and the post holder would play a lead role in procurement and management of the relationships and delivery of the projects.
The post holder will be required to continue delivering a number of essential communications tasks (e.g. newsletters, website content, e-invitations etc.) as well as leading on new strategic projects outlined above and supporting fundraising for them.
As a member of a small but dynamic team of four, servicing an engaged membership and delivering high quality events, this role will require the successful candidate to turn their hand to a wide variety of tasks and to be a warm and confident communicator. It presents an opportunity to make a real mark on a small but impactful charity at a pivotal moment in its development.
To provide digital and communications expertise to ensure that through all of its digital channels (existing and newly created), TFN maximises engagement with new and existing audiences leading to increased members (individual and corporate), funds raised, and charities and social enterprises supported through its live, virtual and hybrid events.
- At least two years’ experience in a digital / communications role. This is a varied role and requires significant experience, but we are keen to hear from applicants from diverse professional backgrounds with transferable skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal to build TFN’s reach, reputation and impact in the UK and internationally.
- Experience using content creation software and mass mailing platforms to drive audience growth and engagement, and of using analytics tools and CRM databases to manage and drive audience recruitment and retention.
- The ability to support the delivery of our crowd funding events using digital platforms ensuring high-quality user experience and optimum engagement until such time as we are able to hold live events again and to introduce live streaming into our in-person events when lock down is fully lifted, enabling people to continue to participate remotely should they wish.
- The ability to produce eye-catching and informative social media content utilising Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter to promote to new and existing audiences.
- Experience in website optimisation - ensuring the best possible user experience, developing, and implementing plans for improvement using a “test and learn” approach and evaluating the impact of these.
- The ability to create a variety of filmed content (i.e. film, edit and distribute via YouTube) for marketing and training purposes.
- The ability to work both collaboratively with a wide range of people and partners as well as working autonomously.
- The ability and willingness to work at both strategic (30%) and hands on/ business as usual (70%) levels and everything in between.
- Experience managing and delivering a strategic review of an organisation’s digital strategy and use of technology.
- Experience of procuring and managing external agencies.
- Experience of reporting to funders.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 10am on Monday 12th October.
Your cover letter should be no more than one side of A4, and explain how you fulfil the criteria for the role and why you would like to work with TFN. For further information, please contact Jennie Jeffery – firstname.lastname@example.org - and visit www.thefundingnetwork.org.uk. Interviews will be held on Friday 23rd October.
Applicants are encouraged to attend our next virtual event to be held on Thursday 24th September at 5:30pm, or to watch the event on our YouTube channel where it will be posted the following day. (Attendance is free and there is no requirement to donate.)
Register for the event here: https://bit.ly/TFNAutumn2020.