BeautonomyLondon, United Kingdom2 months ago
Beautonomy is hiring! The roles and responsibilities of the positions are detailed below. But to us, just as important as meeting the formal criteria for the jobs, are your ambition, values, attitude and way of working. To help you think about whether we might be a good fit for you, we have outlined ours below:
Beautonomy is a London based beauty e-commerce business. We specialise in custom eyeshadow palettes and helping beauty creators earn money. And have recently received investment to expand the business. This means we are now looking for exceptional people to join our team.
We are ambitious, and plan to become the go to platform for beauty content creators. Enabling them to monetise their content, increase their reach, discoverability and revenue streams.
We are also creating a marketplace that will radically improve the experience of buying makeup online, such that we become the go-to destination for buying beauty products.
Our three core values are community, creativity and congruence. We believe that it is important to invest time and resources in:
Cultivating and maintaining a beauty community because human connection, and forming relationships around ideas, experiences and activities is integral to most peoples’ happiness.
Giving people the space and tools they need to express their creativity in beauty, because imagination and unique ideas add value to the world.
Making space for everyone to be able to be themselves in beauty, which we call congruence.
In addition, including everyone and celebrating our differences are values we also believe are incredibly important.
Attitude and way of working
The attitudes and ways of working that we think are most important for our success include: being fun, kind to our colleagues, dedicated to continuously delighting and surprising our customers, empathic and caring towards our creators, happy to muck in, positive, resilient, hungry for the success of the business, hungry for self-improvement, hardworking, solution oriented, engaged and responsible within the business.
The ideal candidate will be
- Enthusiastic about beauty and an affinity for the Beautonomy brand and products
- Interested in and up to date with popular culture and trends
- Creative, original, imaginative and have a strong visual sense
- An excellent communicator and team player
- Able to work independently
- Flexible in their approach to work
- Organised and able to work to tight brief
- Excited about working at a start-up
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing original engaging visual content for website, social media, adverts and PR
- Briefing for and optimising user generated content
- Collaborating with beauty influencers and the community team to design concept-based eyeshadow palette covers
- Designing templates for different content formats
- Maintaining brand identity and consistent creative
- Contributing to the development of ad concepts for different value propositions
- Working with the marketing team to prioritise briefs
- Working on asset briefs, communicating progress, responding to feedback
- Following a structured process of receiving a brief, feedback, and then distributing assets
- Archiving assets and managing an asset library
- Some postproduction photography and video editing (ideally)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong, flexible skills and experience in After Effects/Premier Pro
- 3 years graphic design experience
- A proven understanding of typography, layout and grid structures
- An ability to generate ideas and concepts rooted to campaign objectives and brand values
What we will offer you
- A supportive environment where your personal goals and growth is important
- A team where your ideas and contributions are valued, and collaboration is encouraged
- A combination of in person and remote work (extent negotiable)
- A small fun team with regular socials
- Your birthday off
- Salary and equity negotiable dependent on experience
- Annual performance linked salary increases
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover email to email@example.com with the subject Designer Job Application.