Data Scientist or Data Analyst
Miralis Data LimitedLancaster15 days ago
Miralis Data design and develop technology solutions to some of the biggest problems in logistics, transportation and infrastructure. We are passionate about playing our part in tackling climate change, and use our expertise in data analytics, software development, and project management to empower our customers to make the jump to low carbon technologies and grow their businesses while working to reduce their emissions.
Our work focusses on these key areas:
- Fuuse, our electric vehicle charge point management system and roaming platform.
- Logistics optimisation through routing and scheduling, packing and pallet optimisation, Goods as a Service, and supply chain demand and forecasting.
- Extensive R&D, currently including a chain of custody system, drone routing and drone charging, EV infrastructure access, and smart costing in logistics.
Our clients range from SME companies through to large public sector bodies and international businesses. Miralis are proud to count organisations such as Disney, Diageo, Estee Lauder and Iceland among our clients.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We are looking for a data scientist or data analyst to join our growing team. The successful candidate will have experience developing solutions to challenging problems. They will work within the research and development team in Miralis, producing data driven solutions that enhance our existing products and also deliver value to our consultancy clients. Current areas of focus include: Fuuse (our smart EV charge point management system), drone routing for transportation of critical healthcare supplies, logistics optimisation and chain of custody solutions.
Family-friendly, flexible working hours and remote working options come as standard with the position, and we encourage anyone to apply, regardless of their background and level of experience. While our office is based in the heart of Lancaster, we are open to candidates based anywhere in the UK who are happy to work from home. While the role focuses on individual problem solving, the successful candidate will be supported by the research team, the wider Miralis team and leading industry experts, developing not only the solution, but also the candidate's skills.
The only key thing we are seeking is an individual with a “can-do” attitude, who can thrive in a collaborative working environment, and who is keen to play an active role within the company; taking ownership of tasks and seeing them through to completion.
The Data Scientist or Data Analyst should have these skills:
- A highly numeric background, with a knowledge of statistics or optimisation techniques
- Ability to work independently and creatively to find solutions to abstract problems
- A questioning nature and a willingness to take on unknown challenges
- The ability to write code (C#, Python or R) would be useful
WHAT WE OFFER
Like the rest of the team at Miralis, you’ll benefit from:
- A competitive salary depending on experience;
- 25 days holiday;
- Flexible working hours;
- Remote working options;
- A workplace pension;
- A start-up environment where you’ll have a voice in the business as we grow our products and services.
- In addition, the role will offer a constant stream of new varying and challenging problems to be solved