FloodFlash is a multi-award-winning insurance start up. Recently named by Fintech Global as one of the top 100 tech companies transforming global insurance, FloodFlash is the first company in the world to provide mass-market parametric flood insurance. This unique ‘event-based’ insurance is designed to give millions around the world access to affordable flood cover.
Our multi-disciplinary team is passionate and friendly. Together we are on the way to solving one of the biggest issues in global insurance: the $41bn of flood damage that goes uninsured each year.
Motivated by our shared values of Objectivity, Invention and Respect, we encourage flexible working. Everyone in the team has the freedom to manage their own work and time, to best deliver against their goals.
We need a Data Analyst to lead our business intelligence and data management. You will be tasked with organising, analysing, interpreting and sharing commercial data so we can make decisions that support further growth.
FloodFlash brings together the Internet of Things, machine learning and catastrophe modelling to support a seamless insurance product. As you grow with the role you will have the opportunity to shape the development of all of our technical capabilities.
You will be directly involved with:
- Development and maintenance of dashboards and KPI reporting
- Structuring and management of data which feed into our reporting tools
- Regular reporting to external stakeholders
- Strategic projects to generate deeper insights about our market and customers
- Project-based data analysis working closely with different areas such as commercial, pricing, product development and marketing
- [medium term] Growing into special projects that evolve the core areas of the business (e.g. Internet of Things, machine learning, catastrophe modelling, etc.)
You will like this role if you are:
- Excited by the role of data in both day-to-day management and strategic planning for a business
- Good at communicating technical information and building an argument through data
- Able to deliver data-led insights where information may not be perfect
- Organised and capable of managing and prioritising multiple projects at once
- Keen to develop your technical skills in everything from data engineering to data science
- Comfortable starting projects and working independently
- Looking to grow your career in a fast-moving start up
We are looking for someone with:
- A couple of years of commercial experience in analytics or business intelligence
- Experience in languages such as Python or R and SQL
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI or similar)
What you get in return
- We have a benefits package which includes:
- a share option scheme for all team members
- 25 days' holiday each year (+bank holidays)
- flexible working
- great office
- fantastic team striving for the same goals
The best thing we can offer with the role is an opportunity to grow. FloodFlash is a company where you can define your own path. Our environment is one in which you will find challenges and opportunities in equal measure, any of which could define not just your career, but the future of insurance.