Customer Support Executive (Technical)
Learn AmpLondon21 days ago
About the job
Customer Support Executive (Technical)
London - Runway East, Old St (and flexible working). Currently working at home due to COVID-19.
About Learn Amp
Learn Amp is the world’s best People Development Platform. We’re a cloud-based SaaS solution that helps our customers deliver the very best blended Learning and Development offering to their employees.
We’re a fast-growing, award-winning business and we’re looking for a friendly Customer Support Executive to answer technical support tickets, spot and report back on trends as well as improve our Knowledge Base.
Your role will be the first point of contact for our customers. You’ll need to respond in a friendly and timely way, quickly diagnose the issue they’re experiencing and triage. Problem-solving is what you love to do!
As well as making sure our customers receive amazing service you'll help our Product and Tech teams improve our Platform. We’ll look to you as our Learn Amp platform expert!
Lastly, you’ll analyse the tickets. This means spotting trends, reporting back to the wider Product team and providing solutions, such as improving our Knowledge Base or creating an automated bot, to prevent similar tickets in the future.
Reporting to our Chief Product Officer and working closely with our Product, Tech and Customer Success teams this opportunity would suit someone hungry to learn and grow. In time, you’ll help shape our Support function. 🚀
We know that women are less likely to apply for jobs unless they’re 100% qualified - we encourage you to apply.
You’ll have 1 – 2 years’ experience as Customer or Technical Support Executive or similar role in a VC-backed late seed-stage or Series A startup for a B2B SaaS company ideally in the HR/L&D/edTech space.
Alternatively, you’re a recent graduate with a love for tech, solving complex technical issues and a drive to provide excellent customer service.
Your strengths include problem-solving, communicating clearly and concisely, and analysing data. You’ll also be tech-savvy, operationally minded and great at listening. Bonus points if you’re familiar with tools such as HubSpot and Monday.com.
Above all, you’re looking for a challenge! You seek a culture that is fast-paced, ambitious and purposeful where you can make a big difference. Those who seek a standard 9 to 5, need not apply!
What you will do
The role is broken down into three main areas: answering tickets, analysing them and improving customer knowledge to prevent future tickets.
- 🔎 Answering technical support tickets
- Prioritise tickets: you’ll identify the critical issues using a rating scale, categorise them e.g., bug, feature request etc. and manage the backlog of tickets
- Diagnose the issue: use your expert knowledge of our platform (we’ll help you with this!) to triage; pass feature requests on the product team; or reproduce the issue and work with our Developers to fix it
- Respond to customers: Keep customers informed about progress, the solution and plan to prevent it in the future in a friendly, professional and timely way
2. 📈 Reporting and process improvements
- Spot trends and report back to the Product team on what you’re noticing in the tickets
- Provide insights and recommendations to the Product team on how the platform can be improved and prevent bugs/tickets in the future
- Continually improve the Customer Support function. You have the opportunity to shape our processes, the software we use and create best practice
- Spot opportunities for upsell where relevant. Offer our customers upgrades to help solve their problems
3. 📝 Improve customer product knowledge
- Write support articles for our customers on how to use and get the best from the platform
- Continually create and improve the training videos, webinars and articles we provide for customers and our team, internally. You’ll work hard to become a product expert so, pass your knowledge on!
If you don't yet have all these skills yet — we can help you develop them — please do apply.
- Technical with a problem-solving mindset: when faced with a problem you’re quick to get to the root cause and triage
- Clear, confident and concise communicator — you deliver technical information to both customers and our internal teams in a straightforward way
- Great data handling and analysis skills — you have the ability to monitor and report back to the business
- A critical and creative mind who enjoys continuous improvement of the service
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Quick to pick up a range of new, technical, ideas and concepts quickly
We hire for values-fit, not culture-fit. We look for people who share our values and want to contribute to building our culture.
- Integrity: work in an open, authentic, ethical and fair manner
- Innovation: a natural curiosity, keen to explore ideas and ways of working
- Impact: focus on delivering a positive impact, quickly; being action orientated
- Ownership: self-starter and motivated to manage yourself as well as being resilient and resourceful
Salary and perks
- Salary: £25,000 — £30,0000 dependent on prior experience
- Flexible working: mix of working at home and in our London office
- Regular events in our office space, plus our learning lunches and socials (when COVID permits!)
- Workplace pension
- 25 days paid holiday, including an Office Reset between Christmas and New Year with the option to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave
- Option to work from abroad for up to 5 days a year
At Learn Amp, we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive environment for people to feel fulfilled at work. This is central to our mission ‘making work life, work better’.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we know that some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they’re 100% qualified — if you’re unsure, please apply.
Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we regret that we’re unable to reply to everyone. We only contact people who we’d like to shortlist to take part in our interview process. Thanks for your understanding.