Customer Services Advisor
AAT is the UK’s leading qualification and professional membership body for vocational accountants. We pride ourselves on providing practical qualifications that meet the needs of both employers and employees.
We currently have several vacancies within our Customer Services Team, as detailed below:
- 1 x Customer Support Advisor on a fixed term basis until February 2023
- 1 x Customer Operations Advisor on a fixed term basis until September 2022
Hours: Full time
Location: We are now hybrid working up two to three days per week in our current London office in Barbican. We will be moving to our new office in Canary Wharf in the Spring of 2022.
What exactly will you be doing?
We are a bit obsessed with customer service at AAT and our Customer Services teams strive to provide customers with the best possible experience. We have several exciting full-time roles in our friendly and supportive Customer Support and Customer Operations teams to support and guide our customers throughout their journey with AAT.
You will be part of a dedicated team of expert communicators handling incoming contacts from our customers looking to speak to a friendly and professional member of our team. If you’re in Customer Support, you’ll be dealing with first line contacts and Customer Operations are the second point of resolution.
Dealing with enquiries and assisting our customers with their needs, you will be passionate about providing outstanding customer service, be confident and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
But that’s not all: you will also be contributing towards the achievement of our operating plans, helping us to identify new ways of working and assisting with business initiatives and projects, all whilst delivering at pace. You would be expected to proactively suggest improvements to our processes to ensure we work in an effective and efficient manner.
If you join us as a Customer Operations Advisor, you’ll also be assessing student’s and member’s applications against specific criteria set.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Experience working within a customer support or similar environment dealing with enquiries over the phone and via email.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- An eye for accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- A positive attitude and approach to work in line with our behaviours.
- Naturally empathic and caring, putting both our customers and the business at the heart of what we do
- Confident use of the Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience of using a customer database.
- Previous experience of working with live chat and social media would be highly advantageous but it is not essential
What are the benefits?
At AAT we believe in treating our staff well and this is reflected in our wide-ranging benefits, which include:
- A salary of £24,00 per annum.
- Hybrid working (2-3 days per week in our London office) and opportunities for further flexible working.
- 25 days’ annual leave, increasing one day per year up to a maximum of 30 days’ plus bank holidays
- Great pension scheme, life assurance and critical illness cover.
- Health cash plan
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave contributions of up to 6 months’ full pay depending on length of service.
- Regular wellbeing initiatives and fresh fruit in the office
- Cycle2Work scheme and much more
It’s an exciting time to join AAT and we would love you to join us on our journey. We’re in the Best Companies top 75 of London’s best large companies to work for 2021 and we are currently going through a cultural transformation.
We are committed to being an inclusive and welcoming place to work. We encourage applications from diverse candidates and make recruitment decisions based on skill and experience. We have an equality, diversity, and inclusivity (EDI) champions group, who lead on our EDI strategy and organise events to celebrate and raise awareness. We are a disability confident committed employer and have signed up to the Race at Work Charter. We have also signed up to the Women in Finance Charter, and in 2020 we exceeded our target for appointing females into senior positions.
Come and help us to make AAT an even better place to work!
To apply please submit a copy of your CV and covering letter. Please note, applications without a covering letter will not be considered.