Customer Delight Associate (full-time inc. weekends)
Bloom & WildLondon16d ago
Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s largest direct to consumer flower company, growing at 100% year on year (and we’ve been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the pandemic).
We’ve raised multiple rounds of venture capital and private equity funding, have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020. We’ve got a brilliant ideas-led innovation culture. And we’re looking for people from all backgrounds to help drive our next exciting stage of growth.
Customer Delight at Bloom & Wild
The Customer Delight team is on the frontlines of our customer experience. Our talented team are always finding ways to bring joy to our customers - and the good news is that it’s growing! We have a dedicated team working around the clock to delight our customers at every turn, working hard to ensure no question goes unanswered and we're always looking for ways to improve the customer experience both within the team and across the company.
Our work environment is fast yet supportive and you'd be a part of a tight-knit team that sits alongside our operations squad. This is a great chance to join a high-growth startup and to apply your existing skills and experience within a fun and passionate team!
The role and ways of working
You’ll be helping with inbound queries ranging from delivery to flower conditioning (don’t worry we provide you with training!), and most importantly being the voice of our customers. This is a full-time position and we are looking for someone who is available and committed to working over the weekend. This is a remote position with the opportunity to work from our office once we are able to safely and if suitable for the individual.
- Providing inbound support to our customers via email, phone or live chat, making sure their queries are met with care and delight
- Keeping a finger on the pulse when speaking with customers to proactively identifying trends in their feedback, and voicing this to the rest of the team for potential improvements to our processes, product and technology
- Support other members of our Customer Delight team with queries and mentoring new joiners
- Assisting with day-to-day operational processes e.g. supplier management, order processing, delivery queries
- Adhering to call and email targets set by the team
- Are able to work weekends (preferably Wed-Sun but with some flexibility outside of weekend days)
- Ideally have experience in a consumer facing company (preferably a start-up) with a strong customer ethos
- Are empathetic and have brilliant people skills
- Have experience and aptitude with major MS office software
- Have experience working towards targets, meeting and exceeding these.
- Above all else we’re looking for someone to bring high energy and positivity to this role; in keeping with our company values: Care, Pride, Delight, Innovation and Customer First.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Zendesk preferred
Currently our full team is working from home and adapting quickly to being totally remote. In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Twice weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content
- Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions celebrated with the team
- Weekly ‘team drinks trolley’, activities and opportunities to socialise
- Remote lunch and learns
- Wellbeing support through online coaching sessions and employee assistance program
- New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely
- Specialist online support to talk about the challenges we are facing in the current environment
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride in our day to day activities (find out more here) and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, with regular company-wide events.
Return to work and our new normal
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern during this period and our return to our beautiful, flower filled office will be gradual, considered and only when our team feels safe to do so.
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to work in our office, this period has proven that our team can embrace remote work extremely successfully and our plan moving forward is to find ways of continuing to incorporate remote work into our ways of working.
When we’re in the office
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Personal Development Budget
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lunch & Learns
- Discounted blooms
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris!
See more on what it’s like to work at Bloom & Wild here.
Our recruitment process
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely. This will involve an interview with the Senior Customer Delight Manager and a member of the Operations and Delight team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team - so we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.