We’re Charlie, and we’re on a mission to equip thousands of startups and ambitious small businesses to deliberately craft their culture every day.
Charlie builds progressive HR solutions for startups and ambitious small businesses to successfully manage their teams and intentionally craft their culture.
We’re looking for a Customer Advocate to join our growing customer team – and help us make work better for thousands of small businesses by delivering world-class customer care.
Come on and join us to make work better!
What is a "Title/Level"?
We have a career progression framework that includes Individual Contributor (IC) and People Manager (PM) tracks. IC1 is a junior Customer Advocate, IC4 is a senior Customer Advocate, and IC levels 2 and 3 cover that middle area.
In this role you will:
As a Customer Advocate you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing all inbound support queries (via email and live chat) as an agile team of two
- Educating users on the value of CharlieHR and helping them to get maximum value from the functionality
- Gathering and reporting on customer feedback to increase understanding of customer insights across the business (NPS, feature requests, live chat feedback, account deletions)
- Identifying ways in which we can improve and automate our support processes, in line with our Customer Advocacy principles
- Working collaboratively with functions across the business in order to improve our customer experience
You must have:
- 1+ years of experience in a customer facing role
- A desire to learn and grow - you’re early on in your career and want to develop
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - you’re able to concisely articulate the value of CharlieHR to customers
- An interest in data and customer insights - you’re curious
- Empathy and patience - you’re a great listener and you enjoy helping people
- Self-awareness and humility – you know that honest feedback is how you grow, and you’re not afraid to ask for help.
Let us know if you have: (all of these are desirable, but none are required)
- Start-up/Saas experience
- Experience using Intercom
We will still consider applications even if you don't meet every single one of the above requirements, so don't be put off if you don't match them absolutely perfectly!
This is a permanent full-time role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in the UK.
The Way We Work
How we're crafting ownership, belonging and structured flexibility:
- A team of 41 that genuinely enjoy spending time together, with regular in-person and remote events to foster connection
- Hybrid-first approach; we optimise for office and remote working to be valued equally, and to be equally valuable
- Live anywhere in the UK: we have 8 set days per year that we require the team to be together in our London office, but you have the flexibility to live anywhere in the UK
- 30 bookable "nomad working" days outside of the UK in any timezone each year
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- An amazing office space in East London's Second Home, and membership access to their wider London, Lisbon and LA locations.
- Monthly “exploration days” when you can work on whatever across the company
- Quarterly review cycles using our transparent career progression framework
- Salary from £26,500 to £29,000 based on your level within our progression framework
- Equity options after 3 months
- A huge focus on mental health, including bookable “Personal days”
- Access to Spill, offering six 121 counselling sessions, and much more
- £30 monthly wellbeing budget
- Enhanced Equal Parental Leave policy
- £500 yearly learning budget
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays + Christmas break
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team.
We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.