Come and work at one of our startups: Byway!
We’re looking for someone entrepreneurial and creative to join us to support many different areas of our marketing execution. This is a unique chance to work with a dynamic team and dig into what it really takes to build a business from its early days, and report directly to our founder and CEO. We’ll need someone who isn’t afraid to jump right in and support us wherever needed: a fast learner with a proactive growth mindset who will thrive in an environment of changing priorities and high momentum.We help people explore the world by travelling through it, not flying over it
We exist to make flight-free holidays seamless and personal from start to end. We want to help our customers experience the joy of journeying by train and boat, opening their eyes to a new way of holidaying in which they can experience the lesser-known parts of the world instead of flying over them. We want Byway to blaze a trail into a new travel ecosystem growing up around sustainable, authentic and conscious travel. We have certified as a Pending B Corporation, which means we’re committed to building a business that’s a force for good.Your key responsibilities
- Help plan our marketing messaging, helping to ideate seasonal and timely sustainable travel messaging that can be planned and programmed across all our content marketing channels by staying on top of sustainable travel news and travel trends
- Manage our social media presence, creating daily content, curating UGC, designing, copywriting all posts and replying to our community
- Create great, content-rich email marketing for our community
- Partner with our travellers to help tell their sustainable travel stories across our marketing channels
- Help launch new destinations by researching and writing about the locations for our website and marketing
- Support PR/comms with journalist briefings and liaison
- Copywriting experience along with experience in social media, email, website or content management
- Belief in our mission and a passion for sustainability and/or slow travel
- An editorial story hunter’s mindset with a strong sense of what makes great content
- The ability to write beautiful, creative and grammatically perfect travel copy
- A designer’s eye for spotting great photos and videos, and helping to best display them
- A growth mindset, enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude and keen desire to make the best work of your career
- £23,000-£25,000 p.a. depending on experience, plus equity
- Remote-first (twice monthly days in our London office) and flexible working
- Mentorship from across our team and that of our investor, Founders Factory
- Exposure to many aspects of the business and the opportunity to be part of our founding team
Covid lockdowns have forced a total shutdown of air travel, and opened people’s eyes to the environmental bounce-back possible. At the same time, we’ve all been forced to slow down and reconnect with our local areas as never before. Emerging from lockdown, airport experiences, quarantines and long flights with strangers are prompting many to look to travel closer to home. 2021 is the year of the staycation and holidays away from the crowds.Interested?
We’re committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.