Content Editor (Newsletter and Blog)
Cognition xUK12d ago
CogX is a Global Thought Leadership Network.
In April, with the pandemic taking hold, we announced that we would stick to our dates, but that our Festival had to go fully virtual. And in June, at 44,000 registered attendees, we delivered the largest b2b virtual event of its kind. We gained huge insight into how people want to spend their time - and it was jumping in and out of editorial sessions on the main stage and side events, browsing the expo, and connecting with other participants.
The CogX Live Network: Think YouTube meets LinkedIn
We need a more convenient way to access thought leadership and connect with people.
So, in September we launched the CogX Live Network which brings together all the work we did on our Knowledge Networking platform and our experience delivering the Virtual CogX Festival June. The network enables 1000s of Thought Leaders to host their own public or private live video sessions and provide intelligent networking tools to build meaningful connections with their audiences.
We have 4 core service offerings:
- Public Events hosted by our Content Partners,
- Private Events for Organisations,
- Group Membership for Learning and Development, and
- Sponsorship Solutions
Our services benefit from the following capabilities:
- Thought Leadership Content - live videos from 1000s of partners with 60/40 split
- Personalisation - recommended live & VoD on connected TV, mobile and desktop
- CogXtras - weekly CogX produced shows in each geography that promote our content partners
- Intelligent Networking - matching members based on interest and intent, we have 3 years of R&D advantage in networking technology.
- Syndication - to build audience on YouTube, Linkedin, Twitter and niche publishers
- Cross Platform Networking - enables our networking features to be accessible on Teams, Slack and Zoom.
We are looking for a dynamic, organised and passionate Content Editor for our current series of seven weekly newsletters and blog. The role is one of curation of relevant news stories for particular subject areas and writing short text introductions for the stories. Guiding the editorial direction, the role will also require the monitoring and reporting on performance to make informed decisions about content selection on a weekly basis. The seven topic based newsletters include:
- Transformational Tech Weekly Round-Up (Best articles across all categories)
- Transformational Tech in HR & the Future of Work (Keeping you informed on the latest news in the world of HR emerging technology and how Tech is impacting the Future of Work)
- Ethics in Transformational tech (Delivering the latest ethical conversation on our transition to an tech-driven society.)
- Speaking Naturally (Your need-to-know on chatbots, voicebots, speech analytics and all things in between on Natural Language Technology.)
- Future Health (Your weekly briefing on the impact of Tech in Health, Epidemiology, and Life Science)
- Tech and the Future of Marketing (The week's most important news, thoughts and updates on the use of transformational tech in marketing).
- Climate Change and Tech (Your weekly briefing on transformational tech, the earth and the environment)
Reporting into the Head of Marketing of CogX and working with the CogX live content team, this role will be instrumental ensuring the CogX newsletters and blog remain a trusted source of curated news relevant to our audience of readers across government, industry, academia, research institutes, business and individual thought leaders.
You will be able to think on your feet and be obsessed with the latest news across multiple sectors to monitor the performance of the newsletter which is an indication of its relevance to our readers.
Role responsibilities include:
- Owning and developing an effective strategy for content planning and sourcing news articles.
- Ensuring continued customer acquisition through the development of compelling newsletter and blog offerings.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of newsletters and blog articles to find opportunities to drive growth in the subscriber list
- Working closely with the Content Team, namely Tabitha Goldstaub, on editorial direction and idea development.
- Possible expansion of the newsletters to cover the other 11 topics which have individual streams in the CogX Festival (See full list of topics here)
- Drafting original content ad hoc such as interviews with speakers
- Responsible for populating content in the newsletters and deployment with subject line and formatting best practice.
- Translating the newsletter content into the WordPress blog with SEO optimised posts.
- Flexible, proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Experience in writing and content editing
- Confident using and populating newsletters and blog platforms (e.g Wordpress, MailChimp, HubSpot, Active Campaign)
- Interest in and experience of the Tech sector
- Wider interest in the impact of technology across other industries
- Ability to manage junior staff as the role and remit expands in 2021.
- Journalist background preferred