Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
Right now, Flo is looking for a Content Editor to join the Pregnancy team to help us take our content for parents-to-be to the next level.
What you will be doing:
- Commissioning, editing, and producing high-quality content across text, video, audio etc – with an emphasis on shorter-form content
- Coming up with must-read/watch/listen content ideas using analytics, UX research, user feedback, news and trends
- Thinking about clever/memorable ways we can present health content in a social-media-style format
- Staying on top of the latest trends, news, and developments in the pregnancy world and thinking about if/how Flo should be talking about them
- Upholding the standards for Flo's pregnancy content, ensuring it's accurate, informative, engaging, and always in-keeping with Flo's tone of voice
- Looking for ways to actively develop content that is inclusive and reflects a diversity of people and experiences
- Collaborating closely with visual designers, product managers, medical advisors and other content editors – sharing learnings, best practice, skills and knowledge
- Understanding the business impact of your work, with the help of the Content Lead – tracking its performance and iterating based on the results.
- Developing a first-class roster of freelance content creators who are excellent at what they do and really "get" Flo's mission
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working for a health or lifestyle app/platform/media brand/content agency or equivalent
- We're especially keen to hear from candidates who have a strong, proven track record of creating quality short-form content (for example, for social media) and are used to collaborating with visual teams to create more graphic, visually-led content
- Extensive experience in content creation, commissioning and editing, across text, audio and/or video, with a focus on KPIs
- Someone who's buzzing with ideas – constantly thinking about new subject matters and formats that will appeal to the pregnant Flo user
- A contacts book full of excellent freelance content creators
- Skilled at commissioning freelance contributors, with clear briefs, and constructive feedback
- A meticulous editor who can spot a typo or incorrect fact a mile off, but can also inject energy and tone into all content
- A flexible, collaborative and supportive team-player, who's prepared for the fast-changing word of working in a startup environment where there's an element of learning/changing tack as we go
- A good, and considerate, communicator who can share ideas/feedback successfully between different disciplines and colleagues in different countries
- Organised, reliable, and able to work to tight deadlines
- Passionate about Flo's mission to empower women with knowledge about their own bodies/health
It may come in handy if you have:
- A good understanding of/background in working on core female health topics (so you can spot a dud health claim!)
- Knowledge of the latest trends and movements in women's health
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Knowledge of product design and UX design
We believe in supporting our employees both at and away from work, and we really value a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Matched company pension contributions at up to 5%
- Life Insurance at 4x salary
- Bupa private medical insurance for you and your family
- 25 holidays per year on top of public bank holidays
- Hybrid working setup for the most optimal work-life balance for you
- State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave)
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.