Location: Remote, United Kingdom
Reports To: Co-Director, Communications
Hours Per Week: Full time
Applications accepted through to January 19th, 2022
We Mean Business Coalition (WMB) is a global coalition of nonprofit organizations, working with the world’s most influential businesses to take action on climate change. We are working to transform the world economy so that it is on track to limit global heating to 1.5°C in ways that deliver sustainable economic growth and shared prosperity. Through unprecedented collaboration, we catalyze business action and drive ambitious policy to halve emissions by 2030 and accelerate an inclusive transition to a net-zero economy by 2050, at the latest.
Strategic communications is core to driving the success of the Coalition. The Secretariat’s Communications team deploys leading-edge communications strategy and tactics to deliver on the Coalition’s overarching goals.
We are seeking an experienced Content Manager with particular expertise in producing digital content, to join our high-performing, remote team. The successful candidate will lead our content and website work reporting to the Co-Director of Communications. This is a critical role within the team with a huge opportunity to apply new and creative approaches to our content development and the ways in which we deliver powerful messaging to target audiences.
The Content Manager will work with the Communications team leading and executing strategic content, including:
- Developing a content strategy that sits across various platforms and works in support of organizational objectives
- Manage the Coalition’s website to deliver clear positioning, simple user journeys, and strong message delivery.
- Manage the Coalition’s other owned media assets including newsletters, video, blog.
- Write blogs, articles, website copy, newsletters and other marketing collateral to a high standard.
- Create, edit and manage the production of our digital and print content that meet organisational objectives and are consistent with our brand, style and tone.
- Support in the design and delivery of new digital and print content ‘products’ that supports in driving 1.5C aligned climate leadership.
- Identify and manage outsourced content creators, editors, data analysts, graphic designers, videographers and developers.
- Monitor and report on content metrics and show continuous improvement of the content strategy based on analytics.
- Manage the relationship with our design agency day-to-day and be across all the different elements of digital and print design in development.
- Work with our social media agency to ensure joined up content and social media engagement strategies and delivery across all active platforms.
- Strong understanding of corporate climate action and keeps across latest news and trends for developing content.
- Writing – You have excellent writing skills and can create engaging and timely copy for external audiences to a high level.
- Digitally savvy – An understanding of digital channels to ensure content is delivered in the most effective way for the chosen channel.
- Website Management – You will have strong experience in WordPress or similar website management software and be confident managing websites daily to ensure a high standard of content.
- Creative – You are a creatively minded person with an eye for detail, able to guide designers, copywriters in the development of campaigns and creative assets.
- Project Management – you are a skilled project manager able to manage multiple projects and stakeholders, clearly communicating and delivering on time and to budget.
- People and Agency Management – you have experience managing team members as well as agencies or freelancers.
- Organization – You are extremely organized with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and can systematize processes.
- Planning – You are comfortable creating short- and long-term plans and can communicate deliverables to help the team remain on track.
- Self-starter – You are able to work without significant supervision — when you and your team decide on a project plan, you go for it and come back if/when you have questions.
- Clear Communicator – Makes sure everyone has received the same and correct message when you have relayed information.
- Solid Collaborator – Sees value in others’ opinions, bring people together to find common ground and builds trust.
- Flexible – you are flexible in ways of working and agile to change
- Languages – Verbal and written fluency in English is essential and fluency in another European language is a strong advantage.
- Messaging – Ability to distill complex climate-related information into clear and concise messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in marketing, journalism, communications or public relations) or relevant experience.
- 8+ years’ experience working in the field of media and communications.
- You have worked with varied stakeholders on high-level media projects.
- You have experience translating a vision and goals into a creative content strategy.
- You are comfortable managing high-level stakeholders.
- You have managed media production around events.
- Experience in project and people management including management of an in-house and/or outsourced team.
- Experience in developing and managing websites to a high standard.
- Comfortable working remotely.
Please submit your cover letter and resume here. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until January 19, 2022.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment tasks, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits and compensation vary per region and are competitive with local prevailing packages. Regardless of location, team members get equipment stipends to ensure they are set up wherever they may be working from, generous time off, and paid parental leave.
All positions at We Mean Business Coalition are grant funded and are contingent upon continued funding. We Mean Business Coalition is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.