This is a unique opportunity to join us as a Partner and work with the team on building our platform into the global leader within our vertical by increasing investments, exits, and fund size.
Read on for more details about the role…
In a nutshell, we are one of the fastest growing and most active venture capital firms in Europe focused on backing companies within the built-world vertical. Launched back in 2015, we’ve built a portfolio of over 55 global companies to date. We are often the first institutional investor and invest in companies from pre-Seed to Series A, with follow-on investments in later stage rounds too.
What we stand for
Our mission is to invest, mentor and accelerate high-calibre start-ups, particularly those with the passion and ability to build scalable and global businesses which will supercharge the property industry, making it far more efficient and transparent. While the commercial performance and inherent scalability of each venture is important, we also strongly consider their capacity to address social problems facing the world today.
Why we’re hiring for this role
As we expand our funds, our portfolio, and our investments, we are ready for a senior individual to come onboard to add value to the existing portfolio of c. 50 companies, to lead investments into new start-ups, and to deliver exits to help us build out our track record. The right individual will be a mentor not only for the Founders we back, but also for members of our investment team.
Responsibilities will include
- Work closely with the senior team to build the platform to become a global leader in its investment niche.
- Play a leading role in all aspects of the investment process (Deal origination, structuring, negotiation and execution).
- Manage the entire lifecycle of investments with support from the investment team, taking board positions in portfolio companies, as appropriate, to aid their strategic growth.
- The majority of the role will be focused on driving portfolio value creation through active portfolio management including guiding management teams on strategic decisions, HR matters, fundraise strategy, scale-up strategy, and M&A opportunities.
- Deliver exits through a variety of different channels to build up the track record of the firm. The Partner is expected to be involved in all exit related work streams, including sourcing buyers and leading on negotiations and structuring.
- Develop and maintain a high level of understanding of the themes that are fundamental to the fund’s investment thesis.
- Assist in fundraising and help to manage LP relationships.
- Stellar track record in a senior investment role at a VC fund.
- Minimum of 7 years experience of VC investing at seed and series A stages.
- Ability to lead deals end-to-end, including sourcing, due diligence, negotiation, deal execution, portfolio management, and exits.
- Extensive experience with board representation and portfolio management, including managing Founder relationships, and advising on hiring, go-to-market, scale-up strategy, governance, and executing on exits.
- Clear track record of leadership, with demonstrable passion for technology and VC investing.
- Strong commercial, financial, and technical ability and excellent attention to detail.
- Has led 3+ successful exits in portfolio companies at prior funds.
- Interest in PropTech and the Real Estate vertical is a plus, with a track record of investing in start-ups in the space.
- Experience with presenting to investors and successfully raising capital for VC funds.
- Competitive market base salary
- Allocation to fund carry
- Flexible working and other benefit information available upon request
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to fostering a culture where everyone regardless of background, ethnicity, or gender feels welcome. We’ve begun the internal work required to create a diversity and inclusion strategy which will see us drive meaningful action from within and run through everything that we do, including our hiring practices.
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please get in touch at email@example.com ✉️