Community & Operations @ Shuffle
ShuffleSan Francisco19d ago
What is Shuffle?
Shuffle surfaces the world's best ideas and stories found in podcasts. We make it easy to share, discover, and discuss the best parts of podcasts by letting fans turn hourlong audio into short video highlights.
Our team has strong consumer DNA with experience from Google, Youtube, Coinbase, and Facebook. We are backed by one of the best institutional seed investors in the Valley, alongside consumer tech angels including Naval and C/VP-level at Facebook, Instagram, Coinbase, Uber, Dropbox.
We're based in SF, but have a distributed team across North America.
Why this role?
- Help the world discover and engage with great audio content they care about: There are many diehard podcast fans out there, but there hasn't been one platform to help them engage with each other and the content meaningfully. You can help us change this.
- Work with a great team: You'd be working day in and out with teammates who built and shipped world-class consumer products at Google, Youtube, Facebook, and Coinbase.
- Make meaningful impact: Coming in at this 0-1 stage, you would design, build, and ship things that matter. You'd have huge impact on the company, our roadmap, and our culture because you're getting in at ground level.
What will you do?
We currently have a small and vibrant community curating the best podcast highlights with Shuffle and expressing themselves through their curation and taste in podcasts. We also have the privilege of working with top podcasters to engage their fans.
In this role, you'll:
- Manage and engage the existing Shuffle community:
- Find ways to elevate and highlight good users and content, on and off the Shuffle platform. There's a ton of new and interesting ideas we could explore here to do this
- Engage users around topical content
- Scale the Shuffle community through various channels:
- Scale our Twitter following through meaningful engagement with fans and writing great content
- Scale and increase engagement for our newsletter
- Explore projects like starting a podcast
- Listen to feedback from new and power users, and be the conduit between product and community. Translate feedback into product so users can express themselves better, and complete their job to be done through Shuffle
- Drive product operations, eventually defining a playbook for vertical expansion
This might be for you if...
- You've built a community before, either in the consumer or prosumer space. You come with a toolkit of tactics to do this again for us. You love connecting people and helping others when the opportunity arises.
- You're great at Twitter (or IG, secondarily), and very familiar with tech twitter
- Bonus: demonstrate it with a following of >5K
- Bonus: good at memes
- You're good at writing longer-form content
- Bonus: have your own Substack or blog that we can look at
- You've been part of the early startup hustle and are comfortable driving new ideas and being a generalist — we expect you to be self-directed, coming up with a roadmap, driving execution, and measuring impact and results. This is a great position for someone to eventually take a PM role (if you're interested) because you're so close to the users.
- You're already a regular podcast listener and love the multitude of ideas and stories in podcasts
How do I apply?
- We welcome remote applicants across North America. HQ is in San Francisco / Pacific time zone.
- Submit your resume, Linkedin, and Twitter to email@example.com — I'm excited to chat!
- Please state the position in the subject line
- Please list your availability and start date