Community Data and Impact Manager
Role: Community Data and Impact Manager
Job type: Contract - Part time - 3 days a week
Duration: One year
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (Salary pro-rata)
Start Date: Immediately.
Deadline: 10th August 2020 (rolling interview process)
YSYS is a thriving startup community for founders, developers, creatives and investors on a mission to make a difference. Our community is made up of passionate individuals leading efforts to tackle inequality in London's startup ecosystem.
At YSYS, we know that amazing things can happen when people start sharing ideas and collaborating. Our community is a space for people with shared values to build relationships in, marketing, technology, venture-funding and more. With our community, you can discuss the latest apps, ask for advice, discover new resources, find inspiration, and share your experiences, both online and offline.
We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy & focused team-players who cultivate our community and advance our strategic direction. Our vision is to provide access to opportunities for 100,000 underrepresented people in the tech ecosystem, across the UK, by 2023.
We’re offering an incredible opportunity for the right person to spearhead our community data collecting and impact reporting. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is community-focussed, passionate, talent about diversity and incredibly entrepreneurial.
Summary: To lead on community data collection and impact reporting across YSYS Founder, Talent and Advocacy Community.
- You will develop and manage community outreach and develop pro-bono partnerships with community groups across the UK.
- You will be an ambassador for YSYS and represent the community at roundtables, forums, demo days and virtual events.
- You will serve as point-person for our community experience volunteers.
- You will engage with YSYS online Slack community by sharing weekly updates of opportunities and host Zoom meet and greets.
- You will carry out surveys and research to understand the needs of our community, from challenges to successes.
- You will present findings from surveys and research in short and long form content to publish and promote on our blog page, as well as feedback to our Programmes Team.
- You will guide individuals towards YSYS CRM network and keep information about our community updated.
- You will lead on YSYS Bi-Annual Report to be published on January 2021, gathering stories of our impact and our goal towards connecting 100,000 diverse individuals to opportunities in tech. Read our last report HERE
- You will lead on the impact reporting of events and programmes, post activity to be shared with YSYS Partners.
- You’ll have proven experience of research and community management.
- At the heart of YSYS is diversity and inclusion - you’ll be friendly, community-first, respectful and professional at all times.
- With a busy inbox and so much happening offline, you’ll be detail-oriented but also great at prioritising your work.
- Flexible but focused, you are able to work independently as well as with the YSYS team.
- We’re a small team so you’ll be proactive and comfortable diving in and helping out where needed.
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observance.
- Support with your own startup idea and side hustle.
- A culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun.
- No internal meetings before 10am (unless urgent)
To be considered please email a 1-2 page CV and tailored cover letter detailing why you are best suited to this role at YSYS to email@example.com. Please ensure your email is titled “Community Data and Impact Manager”
YSYS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental health or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.