Impact Hub King's CrossLondon1M ago
Impact Hub King’s Cross is looking for an energetic and highly motivated Community Coordinator to join the team. This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about building and connecting communities of social entrepreneurs to catalyse impact. The successful candidate will report to our Community Development Director, but also work closely with the wider team to deliver and engage members and the wider community in services, events and programmes that connect, enable and inspire them in creating a better world through their work.
● Role: Community Coordinator
● Working hours: 9pm to 5pm Monday to Friday, but occasional weekend working and flexibility may be required with TOIL (time off in lieu) or overtime. We are willing to consider flexible or job share arrangements
● Term: The contract is initially for 6 months, with a 3 month probation period, with the strong likelihood of extending beyond the 6 month period.
● Compensation: £23,000-£25,000 per annum full time, plus pension and profit share scheme, depending on experience
● Holiday allowance: 25 days per annum plus national Bank Holidays
● Location : Initially working from home due to the Covid 19 pandemic, but normally based in King’s Cross
Impact Hub King’s Cross is part of a global network of 100+ Impact Hubs in more than 50 countries. Our purpose is to catalyse entrepreneurial action for a socially inclusive, carbon neutral economy. We support our beneficiaries through workspace, events, business support opportunities and online tools. Collaboration sits at the heart of everything we do, whether it is with other Impact Hubs, our partners or community. For more information see: http://kingscross.impacthub.net | http://impacthub.net
Community Coordinator role
● Community promotion: Working closely with the Operations team and Communications Manager to promote the membership packages, recruit and induct new members.
● Network building: Introducing new and existing members to one another, our team or other contacts to promote collaboration or mutual benefit based on their professional needs.
● Membership administration: Working closely with the Operations team and Finance Manager and using our membership management platform, Nexudus, to respond quickly to membership requests and queries. Suggesting ways to update our processes.
● Community events programming: Designing a monthly series of online and offline events that foster community engagement and exchange of knowledge in a sustainable and inclusive way. Supporting the Community Development Director and other team members in delivering larger scale and public events.
● Community insights: Identifying members’ needs through regular check ins or structured member surveys, including administering our annual Global Member Survey. Supporting the Community Development Director in updating membership offers according to the findings and industry trends.
● Online engagement: Leading on developing members' engagement on the Community App, Impact Hub’s online platform to connect members globally.
● Members business support: Supporting the Community Development Director in delivering business support opportunities for members
● Knowledge of and enthusiasm for impact-driven businesses
● At least 1 year of experience in hospitality, events, community management and/or equivalent
● A can-do and problem solving attitude
● A warm and friendly attitude towards the public
● Exceptional communication skills, in person and online
● Ability to manage a complex and multi-faceted workload
● Ability to work within a team, but also independently
● Attention to detail
● Entrepreneurial mindset, with an intention to try new things
● Experience in delivering events
● Experience in social media engagement
● Experience in research and data analysis
● Contacts within the social enterprise sector and awareness of opportunities for social enterprise in London
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for the role and how you meet the requirements to email@example.com . Please use the subject heading ‘Community Coordinator’ . Applications without both a CV and a cover letter are unlikely to be considered.
The deadline for applications is midnight on the 18th June 2020 .
Interviews (via Zoom) will take place on Thursday 25th June. Please keep this date free.
Start date: asap
We welcome applications from diverse candidates and are willing to put in place reasonable adjustments for a successful applicant. Our office is wheelchair accessible. Our shortlisting process is anonymised to reduce unconscious bias.
Due to the level of applications expected, we regret that we may only be able to reply to shortlisted applicants.