Commercial Partnerships Manager (B2B HR SaaS)
Learn Amp is a fast-growing, award-winning business on a mission to ‘make work-life, work better'. We’re building a unique learning platform that helps our global customers drive learning, connectivity, and performance in their people—in one place.
Disrupting the people development industry isn’t easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But achieving our mission starts with making our own people’s work-lives amazing! You can expect to join a talented, ambitious team that really cares about you.
This is an exciting opportunity to carefully nurture and grow our commercial relationships with the world’s most innovative learning—Udemy, Pluralsight, LinkedIn—and HR Tech—HiBob, Slack, Bamboo HR—providers. If that’s not enough to get your teeth into, you’ll also manage our reseller arrangements and relationships with leading industry analysts like Craig Weiss and the Fosway Group.
As our only Partnerships Lead, you’ll experience a high level of autonomy and trust to own the relationships end-to-end. From spotting opportunities and securing new partners to creating value for Learn Amp, partners, prospects and customers alike. We’ll also look to you to drive continual improvement with the process of selling content and services.
You’ll be joining at an exciting time as post our latest funding round, we see partnerships as a key channel for growth. Reporting directly to Joe Hill-Wilson, Chief Commercial Officer (former L&D Professional and Sales Exec of the Year according to Craig Weiss), you’ll learn a lot, fast and together your efforts will supercharge our growth.
What you’ll do
- Deliver and help shape strategy: to inform how best to increase revenue from our ecosystem of partners (content, integration, service etc) and resellers
- Build, manage and optimise relationships with our global partners, resellers, analysts and consultants to showcase impressive, mutually beneficial success stories
- Drive revenue: target and acquire on-point partners; enable them and our internal teams; help sell their products and services to our customers; leverage their brands to drive new leads for Learn Amp and manage partner referrals for new business.
- Monitor impact: collaborate with our Customer Success and Sales teams to secure the best possible service and result through our partners
- Take processes to the next level: optimise how we acquire partners, enable partners and train internal and external stakeholders to achieve success
- Measure impact: align KPIs with wider business objectives; analyse data to establish trends and present back recommendations to the business
- Co-marketing activities: leverage the relationships you’ve built, and our partners' global brands to help our Sales and Marketing teams co-deliver activities like podcasts and webinars
- Track and forecast activity and achievement in Hubspot (our CRM), maintain accurate data around opportunities and communications
These are how success will be measured in the first few months. If these projects excite you— please apply!
- Increase sales of partner products and services to drive revenue off the charts!
- Drive higher lead generation (new business) through channel partners
- Design and deliver a programme of partner activities to leverage relationships (podcasts, webinars, events etc)
- Build brand awareness through relationships with partners, analysts and collaborators
You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role. As an adaptable and excellent communicator, you’re quick to build strong relationships with partners at all levels of their organisation.
You’re hungry for a challenge, highly motivated and driven by targets. As a self-starter, you can generate opportunities and close them.
Happy to roll up your sleeves, a fast-paced, start-up environment excites you. Things change daily so you’re adaptable and enjoy frequent feedback.
This opportunity would suit someone looking to develop in a B2B commercial career and grow with a growing company.
Skills and experience
- Strong communicator: excellent listener, adaptable style and fearless in approaching & dealing with senior stakeholders; you have a positive presence and can hold a room
- Strong commercial negotiating skills: savvy with commercial terms, commission, and different partner deal structures
- Independent and result-oriented: you like to initiate changes and think creatively within cross-functional teams to deliver real impact
- Hard-working, tenacious and determined
- Well organized and efficient
- Ready and able to learn
- Experience within the L&D or HR space is an advantage but not crucial
- An advantage to have worked in SaaS or other tech products or services
- An advantage if you can bring your own contacts in our industry
We hire for values-fit, not culture fit. We look for people who share our values and want to contribute to building our culture.
- Integrity: we’re open, authentic, comfortable being vulnerable and practice ‘benevolent honesty’—direct feedback from a place of kindness
- Innovation: we have a natural curiosity and we’re comfortable with 'creative tension'—differing viewpoints and open dialogue
- Impact: we focus on delivering a positive impact, quickly; we’re solutions and action-orientated and learn from mistakes
- Ownership: We’re self-starters, motivated and resilient; when we spot things we think could be better, we make the change we want to see
Please note our company benefits are not set in stone. We frequently discuss and review the benefits we offer as a company.
- Salary: £35,000 — £45,000 (based on experience)
- Hybrid and flexible working (around once a week in our London office)
- £250 budget to get your office equipment (excluding laptop)
- Employee options scheme (eligible after 12 months)
- Private Medical Insurance and additional Mental Health Cover with Vitality
- 25 days paid holiday, including an Office Reset between Boxing Day and New Year
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave (eligible after probation)
- Option to work from abroad in August plus 5 additional days (max. 25 days/year)
- Regular events in our office space, plus our learning lunches and quarterly socials!
- Surprise and Delight edible gifts
- Commitment to your ongoing learning and development—it’s in our DNA!
- Values-driven culture: we’re open, honest, value feedback and promote an equitable culture