CFO / VP Finance
Sideways6London17 days ago
💡 About us
Sideways 6 exists to build better businesses through employee ideas. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere and that giving employees a voice is the secret to business success.
Over 3 million employees from the likes of British Airways, Diageo, trust the Sideways 6 approach and we’re on a mission to give 50 million people a voice.
We’re really proud of our 5-star reviews on Glassdoor and it’s a testament to the way we treat our employees. They are given lots of responsibility, lots of room to grow and develop and the chance to be part of something pretty special. The ‘Idea Beer’ probably helps too…
💪 The Role
The perfect candidate will own all things finance, data and planning/budgeting. They won't be put off by wearing many hats, be that setting up the company wide strategic OKRs or getting us fundraising ready. You'll be reporting directly into the CEO as part of the leadership team and will balance strategic initiatives with delivery of all things financial operations - this is not a standard finance role.
We’re solving a massive problem – companies need a way to give their employees a voice and find their best ideas. Given the position and trajectory we’re on, the CFO position is a crucial one that will help write the story of what could be one of the London startup scene's key success stories over the coming years.
Join us for the ride.
- Finance Leadership and Strategy
- Help with development of business strategy including modelling special projects, forecasting and pricing models
- Lead on all financial initiatives to enhance business predictability and transparency
- Oversee the commercial health of the company, monitoring our financial performance, managing and co-ordinating actions when required
- Setting, tracking and managing our OKRs as well as reviewing quarterly
- Act as an advisor to the CEO and exec team on long-term financial decisions such as investment and capital decisions
- Finance day-to-day
- Day-to-day smooth running of the finance function and make use of intelligent automation and software to improve financial, legal, data and operational efficiencies
- Responsibility for preparing and managing P&L, BS, cashflow, tax management
- Ownership of relationships with client and supplier finance teams including invoicing, payments etc
- Safeguard the integrity of the Sideways 6 accounts and all business controls
- Data and Business Intelligence
- Ownership of BI across the company, working with leaders and teams to track important data and owning the analysis and presentation of that data to aid in business decisions
- Reporting, and analysis
- Run comprehensive analysis on a regular basis including spend/cost (vs expectations, vs outcomes), important SaaS metrics (CAC, LTV, ARR Growth, Growth Velocity, etc.) and important departmental metrics (Sales pipeline growth and forecast accuracy, sales performance vs spend, etc.)
- Audit and improvement
- Oversee a review of all financial activity to-date, retrospectively looking for opportunities or improvements that will enhance efficiency/effectiveness.
- Ensure our company archives are up-to-date and maintained with key finance documents (alongside ensuring that the company is ahead of curve when it comes to compliance and reporting).
- Ownership of financial duties including EMI share scheme, R&D Tax Credits (with our hands-on accountant), Cap table management, Payroll and PAYE (with an accountant) and some obligations relating to our foreign subsidiaries.
- Ownership of the 'data room' for the company including contracts and e-signature
Experience and competencies
- Experience and knowledge of enterprise SaaS. Has previously run or been part of a small team running finance at a growing SaaS startup
- Experience in raising and owning finance for a growing startup
- A player, coach and leader - at least initially. Ready to build and execute our finance strategy
- Life-long learner
- Data expert and an accounting and finance specialist. Qualified (ACA or CIMA/ACCA equivalent)
- Intimately familiar with Xero
- Ability to effectively scale a growing business
- A flawless track record regarding ethics and compliance.
- Insatiable curiosity – you know every nook and cranny of our financial landscape, can anticipate potential problems/opportunities and most importantly, have a plan to mitigate/maximise them.
What’s on Offer
- An awesome, open and vibrant start-up environment (currently remote, with a new office planned for Q2 2021)
- Flexible working hours
- Generous educational budget to use at your discretion
- Choose your own equipment
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive base salary and career progression plan
- Regular social company gatherings
- An annual summer party in the sun
- A stake in a high-growth business