Business Intelligence Analyst
Applied is the platform for unbiased hiring.
We’re pushing back against outdated hiring practices by rearchitecting the process and leaving CVs behind. Our product is born out of scientific research, data-driven methodologies and has a purpose: it removes flawed signifiers, mitigates systemic inequalities, and surfaces the best candidates, taking the guesswork out of hiring.
Given what we do, we’re keen to build diverse teams and offer flexible and part-time working hours. We trust people to work enough hours to do good work, at times that suit you and your team.
We are looking for someone who LOVES working with data to inform and guide business decisions.
With a fast-growing revenue base of 200+ customers (that absolutely love the product - our Net Promoter Scores are incredible!) we’re at the point where we need a Business Intelligence Analyst to help us navigate the vast datasets we have at our disposal across the various business functions.
You will work within our Operations Team with the aim of embedding data tools and enabling a data warehousing system. We want to create a robust business intelligence framework that will enable all teams within Applied, to utilise and consume insights in a manner that is faster, easier and more intuitive. One of our core values is being true to evidence and we’d love to use more data to drive day-to-day business decisions.
We’re changing the way hiring is done for good! Come and be part of it!
In your first 6 months at Applied you'll:
- Get to know our customers and learn how Applied fits into their business objectives
- Work with teams to understand their needs for data analysis
- Start building the suite of data tools that will flex and grow with us as we scale, including laying the foundations of our data warehousing capabilities
- Start informing business decisions using data
- Help teams consume data insights easily in written and/or visual formats
Our Business Analyst should:
- Be passionate about using data to inform business decisions
- Be adept at creative problem solving
- Have a breadth of data analysis techniques at hand
- Be comfortable with multiple data analysis tools (e.g. SQL to access databases and e.g. Excel /Python/R to run statistical analysis)
- Have a strong interest in building and understanding database design and data warehousing structures
- Be an effective communicator and be able to prioritize well in a fast moving business environment
About Our Operations Team
A note about our team: we place high value on trust, communication, ambition, accountability, user & data driven decisions, and have a bias towards action and curiosity.
We’re a team who:
- Are passionate about making high quality digital products that add real and meaningful value to people's lives
- Can collaborate effectively, inspire those around them, and start from a position of empathy
- Understand the business objectives, the needs of the broader team and work with commercial and product teams to deliver value quickly
- Are comfortable working in an early-stage environment, and the autonomy and uncertainty that change can bring
You'll benefit from:
- Equity in the business
- Remote working budget, including access to Desana (co-working spaces) across the UK
- Internet allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Wellbeing benefit and access to Spill (mental health service)
- Team away days - our general aim is to have 2 away days a year so we can all meet in person at least a few times a year
- Being part of something that's both commercially successful and socially important
What are the next steps?
Our process is progressive - Instead of submitting a CV, you’ll answer 4 work-related questions. Our goal is to assess your approach to a problem and better understand what knowledge and skills you have.
If you work at Applied, you'll need to search for things, so feel free to do this during the application as it isn’t a test.
Your answers will be anonymised, randomised and reviewed by the team. We use these scores to shortlist for interview where we'll be looking to learn more about you, your skills and values, as well as doing a practical assessment - not forgetting a reverse interview where you get to ask us questions!
We also think giving feedback is incredibly valuable for candidates, so at the end of the process you'll see how well you performed during the application process.