Business Development Executive
The Joy ClubLondon/Remote15 days ago
Could you be our Business Development Executive?
The gap in healthy life expectancy between the richest and the poorest is widening. At thejoyclub.com, we’re on a mission to change that. We believe that everyone should enjoy health and happiness in later life, regardless of wealth. So, we’re developing a global platform to enable our members to afford a more active retirement.
We have just launched The Joy Club platform, with an initial focus on enabling our members to access activities at a discount - helping pensions to stretch further and supporting happier and healthier lifestyles. This is just the beginning, with plans for international expansion and an exciting product roadmap in place. Every few months, we’ll release a new offering that goes further in meeting the social and financial needs of our members. The Joy Club will become the global platform for meeting the needs of retirees.
Are you good at building rapport quickly, inspiring trust and enthusiasm amongst those you speak to? Are you highly organised, breaking down tasks and problems into manageable components? Have you got exceptional negotiation prowess, utilising your listening skills and focus to find win win solutions? If you answered yes to these three questions, keep reading.
You’ll want to be our Business Development Executive because
- You’ll be joining us at the beginning of The Joy Club journey, with lots of opportunities to shape direction.
- You’ll be the second member of our Partnerships team, playing a big part in driving the supply side of our offering.
- You’ll be directly involved in delivering the company’s mission and vision: bringing joy to our retired members by sourcing and securing activities for them, in a way that also solves problems for our business partners.
- Like us, you’ll be excited to build a diverse, thriving culture of equal voices - across the team and the wider community.
We’ll want you to be our Business Development Executive, if you have
- Worked in sales/marketing/partnerships, with a successful track record of generating and negotiating relationships - and commercial terms - with B2B decision makers.
- Delivered under pressure, at launch or in a rapidly scaling venture.
You’ll have been successful as our Business Development Executive, if in one year’s time you have
- Hit monthly targets for securing quality partnerships.
- Collaborated with the Partner Success Executive to identify gaps in the partner offering and proactively worked to fill those gaps.
- Shown your commitment to learning and replicating what works, to increase conversion rates.
- Seen an increase and steady flow of partner confirmations by using the right negotiation tools.
When you’re successful in role, you’ll feel
- Appreciated by your team members.
- Deeply rewarded by the impact your work has on our customers, solving key problems for businesses and people in later life.
- Ever impatient to secure partnerships that will bring joy to our members.
- Excited to be at the heart of the company engine, driving the supply side of the business.
- Buoyed by the high-growth trajectory and what that means for the scale of impact we can have.
You’ll be given equity and freedom, to give you a genuine sense of ownership of The Joy Club’s vision and ambition. Together, we’ll build a partner offering that enables us to become the go-to platform for health and happiness in later life.
- This role is remote working, you'll be in reach of London for fortnightly team All hands meetings
- The Salary is £25,000 per annum. This is a full time role
- Pension contributions
- There is an equity offering