AAT is the UK’s leading qualification and professional membership body for vocational accountants. We pride ourselves on providing practical qualifications that meet the needs of both employers and employees.
Hours: Full time
Our Business Development Executives, (or Employer Development Executives, as they are known internally), help us to win new business, by selling AAT products and services to employers.
What exactly will you be doing?
- Contribute significantly towards the Employer Team’s revenue targets by selling AAT qualifications, Apprenticeships and Corporate Essentials courses to employers
- Proactively identify and engage senior decision-makers within large, Apprenticeship Levy paying organisations to set fully qualified new business meetings for Employer Account Managers to sell AAT products
- Drive growth of all AAT products used within SMEs through focused and timely follow-up of inbound employer enquiries
- Provide SME market insight to Business Development and Markets & Products teams to support product development and market approach
- Provide first-class customer support to key clients including results reporting, employer scheme membership renewals and query handling
What experience are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience to join us:
- Proven ability to confidently engage with senior decision-makers with a consultative approach
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Strong negotiating, influencing and persuasion skills
- Innovative approach to problem solving and creative and lateral thinking
- Proven ability to meet targets within a focused business development environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly questioning and listening
- Proven success in a B2B sales role
- Proactively managing and resolving customer enquiries
- Recording and updating data using a CRM system
Experience of utilising LinkedIn as a sales tool, particularly within the education and learning sector would be desirable, but is not essential.
What are the benefits?
At AAT we believe in treating our staff well and this is reflected in our wide-ranging benefits, which include:
- A salary of circa £30,500.
- 25 days’ annual leave, increasing one day per year up to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays
- Great pension scheme, life assurance and critical illness cover.
- Health cash plan
- Regular wellbeing initiatives
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave contributions of up to 6 months’ full pay depending on length of service.
- Cycle2Work scheme and much more
- Hybrid working and opportunities for further flexible working
It’s an exciting time to join AAT and we would love you to join us on our journey. We’re in the Best Companies top 75 of London’s best large companies to work for 2021 and we are currently going through a cultural transformation.
We are committed to being an inclusive and welcoming place to work. We encourage applications from diverse candidates and make recruitment decisions based on skill and experience. We have an equality, diversity and inclusivity (EDI) champions group, who lead on our EDI strategy and organise events to celebrate and raise awareness. We are a disability confident committed employer and have signed up to the Race at Work Charter.
We have also signed up to the Women in Finance Charter, and in 2020 we exceeded our target for appointing females into senior positions.
Come and help us to make AAT an even better place to work!
To apply please submit a copy of your CV and covering letter using the link below. Please note, applications without a covering letter will not be considered.