Business Development Associate I
CharlieHRUnited Kingdom7 days ago
At Charlie we believe that work is changing. The days of working solely for a paycheque are long gone. Now, people expect more from work. Charlie builds progressive HR solutions for startups and ambitious small businesses to successfully manage their teams and intentionally craft their culture.
We’re looking for a Business Development Associate to play an instrumental role in our next phase of growth at Charlie. You’ll be the first point of contact for prospective software and advice customers, and you’ll have the opportunity to represent our brand and build lasting relationships.
Come and join us to Make Work Better!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Qualifying inbound leads and ensuring they’re high intent, and the right fit
- Educating prospects on our products and services, through live demos and explorative calls
- Conducting regular outreach in order to generate leads
- Regular reporting on pipeline health, and sharing valuable insights from conversations with prospects
- Assisting with ongoing project work and campaigns e.g. cold calling experiments
- 1+ years of experience in a junior sales role, with a track record of achieving targets
- A strong desire to learn and develop your sales technique
- Highly motivated and driven by goals and clear targets
- Human and empathetic in your sales approach
- Confident and enthusiastic - comfortable picking up the phone, and dealing with objections and rejections
Desirable (but not required)
- SaaS/start-up experience
- Experience using Hubspot for tracking pipeline
- Experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator for lead generation
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Salary from £30,000 to £32,500 based on your level within our transparent progression framework
- Hybrid-first approach; we optimise for office and remote working to be valued equally, and to be equally valuable
- A team that genuinely enjoys spending time together
- £500 yearly learning budget
- Equity options
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- Access to Spill, all-in-one mental health support
- Remote events to get to know the wider team
- “Personal days” for wellbeing
- £30 monthly wellbeing budget
- Based in Second Home (in our humble view the best co-working space in London)
- Monthly “exploration days” when you can work on whatever
- Bike to work scheme
This is a full time permanent role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in London.