The Joy ClubLondon/Remote15 days ago
Could you be our Business Analyst?
The gap in healthy life expectancy between the richest and the poorest is widening. At thejoyclub.com, we’re on a mission to change that. We believe that everyone should enjoy health and happiness in later life, regardless of wealth. So, we’re developing a global platform to enable our members to afford a more active retirement.
We have just launched The Joy Club platform, with an initial focus on enabling our members to access activities at a discount - helping pensions to stretch further and supporting happier and healthier lifestyles. This is just the beginning, with plans for international expansion and an exciting product roadmap in place. Every few months, we’ll release a new offering that goes further in meeting the social and financial needs of our members. The Joy Club will become the global platform for meeting the needs of retirees.
Are you logical with exceptional problem-solving skills, able to break down complex tasks and excited by finding solutions? Do you excel at stakeholder management, supported by your highly organised way of working and your ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues? Are you detail-oriented, recognising the importance of getting the small stuff right? If you answered yes to those three questions, keep reading...
You’ll want to be our Business Analyst because
- You’ll be joining us at the beginning of The Joy Club journey, with lots of opportunities to gain early-stage startup experience and work closely with all teams across the business.
- You’ll be excited by the prospect of being the second Product hire, collaborating closely with our Head of Product.
- You’ll be working in a small, collaborative team of smart, kind and mission-driven people - with autonomy, responsibility and the opportunity for personal growth and progression.
- You’ll be excited to fulfil this key product role, ensuring that the product roadmap is delivered in a way that delights our members and supports the evolution of The Joy Club into a global platform.
- Like us, you’ll be excited to build a diverse, thriving culture of equal voices - across the team and the wider community.
We’ll want you to be our Business Analyst if you have
- Already excelled in a Business Analyst or Product Analyst role.
- Been part of an Agile technical team, demonstrating a clear understanding of Agile principles.
- Experience of the full product lifecycle, taking a feature from specification to release.
- The ability to create basic wireframes.
- Used Jira regularly, to drive pace and accuracy in the delivery of a product roadmap.
You’ll have been successful as our Business Analyst, if in one year’s time you have
- Worked collaboratively with our Head of Product, engineering team and wider team, to deliver on the product roadmap at the intended pace and quality.
- Successfully defined and analysed requirements, so that new feature releases bring our team and customers joy.
- Rigorously tested new features, so that they are slick and bug free on release.
- Impressed the engineering team with the detail you’ve provided, meaning they’ll always be prepared for Sprints.
- Managed the product backlog effectively, with all elements organised and prioritised.
When you’re successful in role, you’ll feel
- Excited by the boundless opportunities for innovation.
- Impatient to make an impact.
- Appreciated by your team members, with a sense from the wider team that the product team is having a hugely positive impact.
- Deeply rewarded by the impact your work has on the lives of our members.
- Buoyed by the high-growth trajectory and what that means for the scale of impact we can have.
- Generous holiday allowance: 27 days holiday + bank holidays + you get your birthday off.
- In line with the ethos and social mission of The Joy Club, we go above statutory pension contribution: we make a 5% employer contribution.
- Salary of £28k per annum
- Generous equity comp through our EMI scheme.
- We were born during lockdown, so are remote-first - you'll need to be available for all-hands meetings every c2 weeks in London, when it's safe for that to happen, but otherwise you can work wherever suits you best.
- It's our ambition to be the most joyful place to work - we'll engage you and the rest of the team in the continuing development of The Joy Club benefits package.