Backend Engineer - Java (Database Core)
Neo4jMalmo, Sweden17d ago
From our products to our team members, Neo4j is centered around relationships.
We hire candidates who are fundamentally wired to connect – whether that's a business opportunity, an innovative customer solution, or a feat of data engineering.
We're looking for a talented person to join the Neo4j team and help us further the Neo4j vision to help the world make sense of data.
Who is Neo4j?
Our internet-scale graph platform helps companies around the world connect data to reveal invisible contexts and hidden relationships that drive breakthrough applications and analytics.
As the #1 platform for connected data, Neo4j has over three million downloads, the world’s largest graph developer community, and thousands of graph-powered applications in production.
The Role -
Do you like to solve advanced and complex computer science problems? Do you like to be part of a team that values user success and where you can have intellectually honest discussions?
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer that is able to solve technical challenges, deliver high quality code to join our talented, innovative Kernel team. You will be part of a brilliant, energetic and fun team of engineers that build the core of the graph database!
You will be part of the international team that is based in our engineering HQ in Malmö, Sweden.
Hear from Anton, a database team member speak about why he likes to work at Neo4j!
What You'll Do:
- build and ship new features for the core of the leading graph database
- write high quality, testable and efficient code
- promote new ideas, take active part in features discussions and roadmap prioritisation
- integrate research and technologies into the database core - the team regularly reads research papers to see if there are some new ideas to incorporate into the product
- work closely with our customers and collaborate with other teams
- “Do what you want days” to work on your own product enhancements and integrations
What you'll bring:
- You have 5+ years of experience developing production level software
- You have experience designing multi-threaded systems and algorithms
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You are fluent in Java and have knowledge of other programming languages
- You have strong troubleshooting skills
- You have knowledge about performance profiling and optimisation
- You are interested in learning new things
- You may have database experience, but it isn’t required
- You are humble. Being able to discuss ideas and solutions to challenge each other to build better solution together
- You have superior communication skills and a sense of humor!
We don’t expect you to have experience across all these areas. We have a mix of different skills in our Malmo based team.
At Neo4j we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships between people, processes, locations and systems. We created, drive and are at the forefront of innovation in the Graph Database category; and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
Why Join Neo4j?
At Neo4j, you get the opportunity to build and lead on the edge of what's new in the world of technology.
You have the opportunity to work alongside diverse and talented colleagues from around the globe. Our engineering headquarters are located in Malmö, Sweden and London, UK.
We hire candidates who reflect the following Neo4j core values:
We Value Relationships
We Focus on User Success
We Thrive in a Culture That Is Open and Inclusive
We Assume Positive Intent
We Welcome Intellectually Honest Discussions
We Deliver on Our Commitments
Intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don't fit 100% of the listed qualifications. Neo4j is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the Privacy Notice Regarding Neo4j's Recruitment Process to understand how the personal data that you provide is handled.