EverpressLondon, Dalston16d ago
Everpress is a global marketplace that connects consumers to unique & sustainable products from independent creators.
Every item is made-to-order, meaning we are cutting out costly material and manufacturing waste, and the operational overheads of traditional retail.
We’re championing creativity and are on a mission to support grassroots creators and reduce the waste in fashion.
We're a tight-knit, friendly and fast growing team based out of a light filled warehouse studio in East London.
We're looking for a user experience focused developer to take ownership of many areas of our backend code, including our ecommerce site, tools for creators and the administrative backend that runs the whole company! There are meaty projects all through the business, from automation in the production process and integrations with printing suppliers to the ecommerce experience and checkout optimisations.
This is an exciting role for anyone looking to take ownership of a project from ideas to deployment.
Our stack is PHP + Symfony with MySQL. It’s all hosted on the AWS stack, using ECS, S3, SQS, etc. We track errors with Sentry and use New Relic for performance monitoring and optimisation.
Key responsibilities include
- Helping us build high-performance, easy to maintain, quality software. We’ve paid out £2,000,000 to creators around the world and we’re growing quickly.
- Owning your own technical roadmap. For example, improving build pipelines and deployments, performance optimisation, instrumentation. We’re constantly improving our infrastructure and development process.
- Exploring solutions to interesting problems with the product team, building prototypes and taking them through to release. We work closely with users and the team to make sure we’re solving the problems that will really help independent creators
Although the above will make up the bulk of your working day as we are a startup you’ll need to help out on a variety of other tasks as well!
- Working knowledge of PHP 7 and recent use of PHP frameworks – ideally Symfony
- Comfortable with relational databases – ideally MySQL. Though we use Doctrine, there will always be SQL queries to write and optimise
- Experience working with PHPUnit and integration tests. We don’t have high test coverage, but we’re looking to improve it in 2020
Nice to haves:
- An understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with applications at scale. We have some big traffic spikes and are growing quickly
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, Datadog etc) and automated testing frameworks
- Some frontend experience. We use React and Marionette, it would be useful if you have some experience working with either
- Competitive salary and share options
- High impact in your role. You’ll be responsible for many areas of our backend stack and performance
- Work from home Wednesdays and flexible working hours
- A plant-filled, relaxed working environment
- Weekly team lunch and drinks
- Decks in the studio - we're a creative bunch (DJ's / graphic designers / musicians / zine owners)
- Company away days and team experiences over bonuses
Everpress provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.