AAT is the UK’s leading qualification and professional membership body for vocational accountants. We pride ourselves on providing practical qualifications that meet the needs of both employers and employees.
Hours: Full time
Location: We are now hybrid working with 1-2 days per week in our current London office in Barbican. We will be moving to our new office in Canary Wharf in the Spring of 2022.
What exactly will you be doing?
Our Assessment Coordinators are key to ensuring AAT can deliver our assessments on time to our students and that the assessments are fit for purpose. This role sits in our Education and Development division, who create and develop our qualifications and assessments in line with regulatory requirements. You will be assisting our Qualification Manager and Assessment Design Manager in the development and on-going maintenance of assessments. The division has an enormous amount of expertise to tap into and we have a great internal training program.
We’re a busy team with various workstreams, contributing to a variety of crucial company-wide projects alongside our running our business-as-usual assessments, including the development and launch of our new qualifications going live later this year, along with the launch of a new assessment platform.
This is a dynamic and rewarding role where you be working closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop and maintain robust, fit-for-purpose assessments in accordance with AAT’s best practice design and processes. Other key tasks will include assisting with preparing and working to schedules to ensure developments are delivered on time, carrying out quality assurance checks on content and assessment platform functionality, as well as providing content query support for both internal and external customers. You will also support with reviewing assessment performance to ensure they remain valid and reliable during the qualification lifecycle.
What experience are we looking for?
Producing high-quality assessments is key in this role, which is achieved by working to set processes, procedures, and targets, to meet internal and external requirements, including those of regulatory bodies. To meet these requirements, the ideal candidate would have:
- Experience of editing and proofreading (ideally for assessment materials).
- Experience of producing documents to a high level of accuracy by demonstrating excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders and have a strong customer centric focus.
- Demonstrated that you can work on your own as well and are comfortable managing your own workload and planning small scale projects, as well as being able to work in a team.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and without supervision, whilst producing high-quality work.
- A good knowledge of MS packages, including Excel and PowerPoint. Previous experience of using an online assessment platform(s) would also be advantageous.
The role would be suited to somebody who is process-driven, with experience of making continuous improvements to policies and procedures. Knowledge of our accounting qualifications and previous experience of working for an awarding body and/or with assessments would be advantageous but is not essential.
What are the benefits?
At AAT we believe in treating our staff well and this is reflected in our wide-ranging benefits, which include:
- A salary of £30,500-£33,000 per annum.
- Hybrid working (1-2 days per week in our London office) and opportunities for further flexible working.
- 25 days’ annual leave, increasing one day per year up to a maximum of 30 days’ plus bank holidays.
- Great pension scheme, life assurance and critical illness cover.
- Health cash plan.
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave contributions of up to 6 months’ full pay depending on length of service.
- Regular wellbeing initiatives and fresh fruit in the office.
- Cycle2Work scheme and much more.
It’s an exciting time to join AAT and we would love you to join us on our journey. We’re in the Best Companies top 75 of London’s best large companies to work for 2021 and we are currently going through a cultural transformation.
We are committed to being an inclusive and welcoming place to work. We encourage applications from diverse candidates and make recruitment decisions based on skill and experience. We have an equality, diversity, and inclusivity (EDI) champions group, who lead on our EDI strategy and organise events to celebrate and raise awareness. We are a disability confident committed employer and have signed up to the Race at Work Charter. We have also signed up to the Women in Finance Charter, and in 2020 we exceeded our target for appointing females into senior positions.
Come and help us to make AAT an even better place to work!
To apply please submit a copy of your CV and covering letter. Please note, applications without a covering letter will not be considered.