FiitLondon, E1525d ago
We are Fiit. The #1 rated fitness app in the UK.
We're looking for team players to help us achieve our mission — to remove every barrier to exercise, and create the most exciting and effective workouts on the planet.
We're a London-based startup with global plans. Are you passionate about making a difference? Read on.
What do we want?
An Android Engineer to join our team to help define and drive the future of our Android Mobile, TV and Watch apps.
This is a full time, permanent position based at our HQ in London. It is not suitable for a contractor.
What does that look like?
- Working closely with our design, product and backend teams to deliver a unique mobile experience
- You will participate in the technical planning and implementation of new features and capabilities
- Collaboration with the team to deliver rock-solid, high performance, reusable and reliable code
- Participation in strong unit testing and continuous integration processes
- Staying up-to-date with the latest technologies, understanding the benefits and limitations that each provides
- The ability to adapt and learn first hand how a startup business works, watching it grow and evolve, reacting to real problems
- When we have succeeded in our mission you’ll be able to reflect on your work and say you encouraged millions of people to be fitter and healthier, creating a new fitness culture in the UK, even world-wide
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years + experience with Kotlin and Google platforms (Android Studio, Play store, Chromecast, etc)
- Awareness of core Android services and patterns
- The ability to work in an agile manner utilising continuous delivery tools
- An eagerness to work with UI / UX designers to craft great user experiences
- A track record of entire app lifecycle (design, code, test, release)
- To show us at least one Android app that you have worked on that is available in the Play Store - let us know what to download
- Great teamworking ethic - we like people that are brilliant, friendly and easy to work with
- Excellent communication skills and ability to get your point across clearly and concisely
- Strong project management skills and ability to multitask. You will be managing lots of different projects and deadlines at the same time
- Lots of energy, enthusiasm and entrepreneurship
- Strong attention to detail and a constant appetite to continuously improve yourself
- A passion for health and wellness
- Experience with video streaming, wearables and TV
Do your values resonate with ours?
- Everyone at Fiit is a leader, whatever your level you’ll have a passion for the mission and understand how you can impact that.
- You’ll always want to be improving, learning and curious, embracing and giving constructive feedback.
- Grit to deliver is important in startup life. You’ll enjoy the rollercoaster, execute at pace and take accountability.
- The team is greater than the individual at Fiit, we include everyone, value diversity and communicate openly.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary, bonus and pension & equity options
- A cool office environment near the Olympic Park in Stratford
- 25 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Private health and dental insurance
- 3 budgets that you control around professional development, health/wellness and hobbies
- Free Fiit device and subscription
- Lots of fun with weekly drinks and TFIF, Coffee Club and team building days
- The opportunity to make a difference to people's lives
Fiit is based at the Here East campus in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, within easy reach of two major stations, it has a free shuttle bus and is well connected to cycle paths.
During the COVID-19 pandemic the team is working remotely and so this role will be a mixture of working at the Fiit Studio with safety measures in place as well as working from home.